Marketing Your Services ****

zeniorsdotcom

Hello.

What type of advertising/marketing techniques would you suggest for a web hosting business?

Here are a few I could think of:

- magazines (expensive)
- advertising in forums
- inolvement in forums
- local high school newspapers
- local classifieds/papers
- cold-calling (would work for business web design...don't know anyone who would do this for hosting...lol [Hello...would you like to purchase hosting?...what? Ma'am, you don't know what web hosting is?!?!])

Thanks ahead of time for all of you who post.

Regards,
Zeeshan

I believe involvement in forums is a great way. Not spamming, but general good posts with a clickable link to your site in the signiture can give many click throughs.

Also word of mouth is one of the better ones because you host someone and they get great service (hopefully) and recommend you to a friend or colegue and you are pretty much guaranteed another client or clients even.

WOM requires great customer service though and some will refer just because they enjoy the hosting and some might require an affiliate system or some kind of bonus to get them referring.

I havent tried local ads or magazine ads before so do not know the kind of response that you would get.

Cold calling... no way :) I had someone call me once trying to sell me a control panel and they called me on my home phone at 11pm while I was watching a movie. Not good :)

Hello.

Yeah I believe word of mouth is by far the best but its a bit hard for a company that is just starting up...you need a steady customer base and as you stated, GREAT customer service.

Sometimes just calling up a customer and checking up on them (or a simple email) will make them MUCH happier... I was surprised at how well people react to this.

Cold calling in my opinion can also place a negative view of your company in the market...not what any company would want.

Also, some companies place their hosting prices very low and aim to get buyers to purchase the nifty addons (custom web design, ecommerce package, website builder, etc).

Regards,
Zeeshan

If you are just starter you should create your strong online presence. I would suggest get views of your site around 50 to 75K clicks before an ad campaign to avoid waste.

For marketing your hosting business, forums plays important role. Involvement in forums & good posting with exact solution will help in marketing hosting business.

Also hosting business is depends on service. So give good & fast service to customers, this will help in word of mouth marketing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mikstrahost