Maybe you guys know

Status
Not open for further replies.

mvcnet

Hey guys!

lately at about 2 am my servers take time to open my sites, i was suffering before of msql overload and cpu overload in which I had to restart webserver for my sites to load but that was before.

Now It just takes longer for the sites to open at that time, i check cpu load and is less that 1. I go to sleep and when I come back sites are fast the rest of the day.

any suggestions?

Are there any cron jobs set for that time frame? Is it a dedicated server or shared?
If it's shared it could be a nightly back up.

When you notice a slowdown on your box, login on root and type:

This will show you what's running - the offending instance will stand out like a sore thumb :)

You may also want to run 'top' for an hour around this time, and just watch what's happenning.

Simon

what is your memory utilization like - it may be that your memory is full and you are having to page to disk.

Simon said:
When you notice a slowdown on your box, login on root and type:

This will show you what's running - the offending instance will stand out like a sore thumb :)

You may also want to run 'top' for an hour around this time, and just watch what's happenning.

Simon

This is exactly what needs to be done. Good call - this will show you the high load's cause really quickly.

check for virus that targets your mssql... look for it netstat and it will show up when it is active. it should say something like mssql- some letter... and the port it using.

Status
Not open for further replies.