ModernBill - explain something please

anton

hi guys!

we are struggling with WHMAPv2 and recently tried out modernbill. i bumped into something that really blew my mind and it would be nice to hear your opinions about this.

in modernbill you cannot charge annual fees for addons if the customer is buying a monthly package. in other words, if someone buys your $5/month package and orders an SSL cert with it ($40/year) - they are not charged for the cert and can get it for free unless you cancel the order or something.

this bug has been around for 2 years and they have neither fixed it nor admitted that it exists. according to a response from their support staff, this is desired behavior and they are not planning to change it. :confused:

1. did you know about this?

2. what do you think about this?

I am not too familier my self with the software although I have briefly used it.

It does sound like something simple to fix though. Are you sure they are fully aware what the issue is?

My personal belief is that ModernBill is really over-rated stuff for the price that people pay for it. A lesser buggy interface that is pretty powerful is Lpanel.net which I think you (and many others) should consider.

Cheers,
Roj

Hello.

I have tried both lPanel and Modernbill. As of now, we are remodelling our site and still trying to decide which script is better.

In the beginning, lPanel worked fine but it started giving random problems a bit later. I am assuming the problems were caused by the server and not their script (trying to be nice).

Another problem I had with lPanel was that it didn't check whether the username was already used on the server. If the username was already taken, the script would simply wait for a staff member to manually create the account with a different username. I found this to be a bit irritating.

Overall, both are good scripts. Just make sure you make routine backups of all customer data or you'll end up in a pretty deep hole.

Regards,
Zeeshan

P.S. Just my 2 cents.

ZeniorsDotCom said:
Overall, both are good scripts. Just make sure you make routine backups of all customer data or you'll end up in a pretty deep hole.

I could re echo those words about any data :) Doing backups can be a pain and expensive but when you need it you are sure glad you kept the backups!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
netcrohosting