Monetizing Forums and Websites

Mr. Nx

I don't know if this question is applicable here but just wants to make sure that i am heading the right direction with my sites.

Okay, I have four sites up and running with reasonable traffic to the sites. Now, two of them are forums, one is a community profile site and the last one is a blog. All running on their own Top Level Domain names. I have been trying to monetise them using adsense but got blocked for invalid clicks (no idea why!) i didn't clickd the ads myself. It wasn't easy getting approved and after earning some 80 dollars i got blockd.

Now I want to know which services will be good for me besides adsense for monetising. I prefer PPC and Pay Per thousand impression system than affiliates. Please recommend only genuine and proven services and not fakes.
Thank you!

i have not seen any legit pay per impressions providers lately.

You can try clicksor as an alternative, but i do not have much experience with them.

i have not seen any legit pay per impressions providers lately.

You can try clicksor as an alternative, but i do not have much experience with them.

thank you. Clicksor looks promising, i'll take a better look later.
By the way, I wonder how people generate income from their websites besides using affiliates????

Forums can be a bit difficult to monetize because you will need to have a bulletin board with tens of thousands of page views on a monthly basis before managing to persuade advertisers to purchase ads and put their links on your pages. This is actually a very common problem among many forums. Google AdSense can be good for a lot of websites but for forums, some other measures should be taken.

One of the best ways is to target a specific niche and market, trying to find sponsors in that area. This is much better than merely maintaining a general forum that deals with tons of issues and still failing to catch attention of prospective advertisers in any specific area. If your forum enjoys a decent monthly traffic, you can begin selling advertising spaces on your site, without relying on other networks and ad-publishing systems.

I don't know if this question is applicable here but just wants to make sure that i am heading the right direction with my sites.

Okay, I have four sites up and running with reasonable traffic to the sites. Now, two of them are forums, one is a community profile site and the last one is a blog. All running on their own Top Level Domain names. I have been trying to monetise them using adsense but got blocked for invalid clicks (no idea why!) i didn't clickd the ads myself. It wasn't easy getting approved and after earning some 80 dollars i got blockd.

Now I want to know which services will be good for me besides adsense for monetising. I prefer PPC and Pay Per thousand impression system than affiliates. Please recommend only genuine and proven services and not fakes.
Thank you!

Really, I dont care what no one says but googles DOES do this on lower traffics sites where they think their ads wont serve well. Unless you have something alexa rank 100k and up forget about it. Usually you will get one check and then the next is the invalid click issue.

I once tried this with a tech and security site. The ads displayed nearly all the time were for a secuurity scanner product. I would say all the time really caused thats all that was in the blog.

After my account got suspended for invalid clicks they said they refunded the advertisers. I contacted the owner of the security scanner site and he said he had not received a dime in refunds. This was in around 2007 so maybe some has changed then but at that time it was an all out automated scam. No one was refunded. tracking the so called invalid clicks was only 4!

I dont trust adsense once bit. Maybe try something like chaseclicks.com they dont put up with fraud but they do support lower traffic sites.

I think your best bet is to try and find some sponsors that would like to advertise in the forums. It certainly is harder than signing up for some online service, especially for new site/forum, but it's usually more beneficial - the ads can be targeted towards your audience with something they would actually buy. Like the ads on this forum, for example. :)

Along with the PPC campaigns, it is important to perform search engine optimization for the forums. You can also consider getting into social networking for reaching out to a wide range of people. Also start using the banner ads for the forum.

I think your best bet is to try and find some sponsors that would like to advertise in the forums. It certainly is harder than signing up for some online service, especially for new site/forum, but it's usually more beneficial - the ads can be targeted towards your audience with something they would actually buy. Like the ads on this forum, for example. :)

^^This.

Find a few people who would prefer advertising on your website. The only thing that is a hassle with this is to make sure they paid for their term of advertising each month and or having to change out the ad every now an then. Yet, you could always find a script to do it for you (IP.BOARD & IP. NEXUS).