More harddrives

webdesigntalk

I have more hard drives in the server, anyone know how I can make my site automatically have one directory share accross all drives?

Thanks for the offer but I split the server into two instead now. But is it actually possible so I know for the future? Probobly have to have more than two drives in my next one you see.

uploadspider.com is doing really well :D

Yeah its of to a good start apart from those damn myspace mp3 uploaders but I've got a cgi script to stop embedding of videos and music onto other sites made just need to get that integrated.

About the slowness, I really don't know what that is. Its more of a first connection slowness when it resolves to the site?

Yeah I'm going to use RAID, trouble is since I'm building the system myself can you suggest suitable hardware to handle a site like this. Looking to have about 4 hard drives with about 300GB space.

Thanks for the help.

webdesigntalk said:
Yeah its of to a good start apart from those damn myspace mp3 uploaders but I've got a cgi script to stop embedding of videos and music onto other sites made just need to get that integrated.

About the slowness, I really don't know what that is. Its more of a first connection slowness when it resolves to the site?

Yeah I'm going to use RAID, trouble is since I'm building the system myself can you suggest suitable hardware to handle a site like this. Looking to have about 4 hard drives with about 300GB space.

Thanks for the help.

Whelp whatever card you decide to go with, make sure it is made by promise. This is a great card for your needs:

http://www.ewiz.com/detail.php?p=IDE-SX41B&c=pw)http://www.ewiz.com/detail.php?p=IDE-SX41B&c=pw

what is the best place to get a dedicated server?? and some were who will let you have the IP's different for each site so google dont think you are the same person

I think the best place to get a server from is rackshack they are fairly competitve and have a fairly good rappour across the hosting community.