Multiple domains from single hosting

debanjanSEO

If I host multiple domain form single hosting plan, all website will get single one IP? If I purchase reseller account then also all domain get same IP? Generally Google gives value for link, when it comes from different IP. I want to host 10 website and link my 2 website one way. Except dedicated IP for each website is there any option available? Kindly suggest me your opinion.

With most hosting you can purchase extra dedicated IPs, although I wouldn't be sure on shared hosting with multiple domain accounts.

If you go for a reseller account your provider will sell you extra IPs for a monthly fee normally, although just wanting them for SEO is not really a valid reason and you may be rejected by them, especially as ipv4 is creeping towards running out now.

Also, be aware that google gives you NO points for cross linking IP numbers that are in the same zone. You need to setup individual sites on different Class C IPs. That means the first 2 sets of numbers can be the same, but the 3rd must be different;

123.123.123.1 and 123.123.123.2 are the same class C
123.123.123.1 and 123.123.122.2 are in different Class C's

Notice the 3rd set of numbers changed from 123 to 122. This is what you need in order to accomplish what you're loking for. Just linking between accounts with all the same first set of 3 numbers will not do anything.

Just to clarify, 123.x.x.x is a class A address... it may or may not be subnetted to the C level. I've not seen anything that speaks to how google handles A's or B's.

Class A = 0-127
Class B = 128-191
Class C = 192-223

If I host multiple domain form single hosting plan, all website will get single one IP? If I purchase reseller account then also all domain get same IP? Generally Google gives value for link, when it comes from different IP. I want to host 10 website and link my 2 website one way. Except dedicated IP for each website is there any option available? Kindly suggest me your opinion.

I would suggest you not to buy Reseller account.
If you are not buying dedicated IP's than you may go for different hosts/server or even you can request/inquire your host if different IP's can be allocated to you (which is not true in the case of shared hosting).

Also, observe the point mentioned by handsonhosting

Get a reseller account and get dedicated IPs for each account you wish to have its own unique IP.

Get a reseller account and get dedicated IPs for each account you wish to have its own unique IP.

How do you justify to the host (and datacenter) that you need the IP number? Certainly saying I want it for SEO is not going to work. What about the comments on the Class C issue and cross linking of sites?

If you get a reseller account, you may as well just stick with a regular hosting account and make sure it has the ability to put multiple domains on the site (Add-ON Domains) - it'll have the EXACT same outcome according to Google.

Remember, the Original Poster of this message is looking to use it specifically for SEO.

This - "Generally Google gives value for link, when it comes from different IP" - is not a rule. It would be different. My suggestions is to link only relevant content and not to do cross-linking.

This - "Generally Google gives value for link, when it comes from different IP" - is not a rule. It would be different. My suggestions is to link only relevant content and not to do cross-linking.

Even If not a rule, but this is a FACT and observed by many SEO practitioners. It makes sense for Google and any other search engine to give more value to a link that is coming from totally different IP.

Relevant content is fine but it will be fruitful if the content is hosted over different servers/IP's. Google is quite intelligent and can identify the artificial content buzz around.

While I consider it to probably be correct, I don't see how you can say it is "FACT". Because it is observable does not make it so. The sun revolving around the earth was observed, and was not fact. A fact required proof... and considering google isn't likely to ever confirm this we'll never see it proved. It could be proved to be false by example, it cannot be proved to be true.

Here... think about this statement: a rectangle is a square. This can be observed and assumed true if all we saw were squares. But the 1st time we see a rectangle that is not a square the statement doesn't hold up. So really it's neither true nor false, but actually 'sometimes'.

Most Hosting company not give you Dedicated IP with you shared Host. But you can Host more than 1 domain with it.. Its low cost hosting...

If you going to buy a Reseller Host you have to sure about that, the Reseller Host.. You know New news comes Google Deployed by the sites.. and sites get banded.. Because If you get a Reseller package with 5 different dedicated IPs, you about to sure that the all IPs and Host come from 1 VPS/ Dedicated server so.. that would be not good for you.. Bcz all Dedicated Ips are connected.. with each other {I mean 1 server}.
I suggest you, If you hav a Good budget for your Host you should choose a VPS. That cost more from Reseller host but you can sure about your PER IPs, Bcoz it's created by you..!

Last edited:
Theres no way you can get more than atleast 2 ips just for SEO on a reseller, If you really want more ips than 2 or even 1 for seo I'd suggest you go with a VPS with a bulk number of ips.

Also, be aware that google gives you NO points for cross linking IP numbers that are in the same zone. You need to setup individual sites on different Class C IPs. That means the first 2 sets of numbers can be the same, but the 3rd must be different;

123.123.123.1 and 123.123.123.2 are the same class C
123.123.123.1 and 123.123.122.2 are in different Class C's

Notice the 3rd set of numbers changed from 123 to 122. This is what you need in order to accomplish what you're loking for. Just linking between accounts with all the same first set of 3 numbers will not do anything.

Thank you for sharing your knowledge. I like the way you explain things, you make them easy to understand.