My Hostgator Review

conjamuk

Hi all,

I am a customer of Hostgator since the end of July 2004, having my 1st reseller account (2Gb disc space, 50Gb BWT) and I think the time has come to post a short review of this hosting company.

The registration process for my account was quite simple and easy and the speed of setting up my account was very speedy (about 20 mins!).

I hosted about 15 websites of our customers and up to now I have not received even one complaint about their sites/emails. Their uptime was excellent (almost 100%) although I did noticed some rare speed problems (about 7-8 times within 3 months).

We had no problem using WHM/Cpanel and the Messenger/Email support was very fast and helpful, although I guess that specifically Messenger staff sometimes acts like intermediate to the tech staff for almost all major questions (I guess that's normal).

I have also called 3-4 times (mainly to ask some presales/upgrade questions) and the telephone was answered very promptly, with no waiting time. I remember one time calling very late at night (due to time difference it was morning here) and still their suport was there and effective.

The only suggestion that I would like to make is to be a little more helpful when speaking on the phone. This does not mean in any way that they were not polite but the feeling that I am receiving when I call them is a little negative - with very short answers and not much explanations until you ask for them - or not as much friendly as I would like to be (maybe that's my opinion as I am not a native English speaker).

Anyway, I just signed up for my 2nd reseller account and the experience was very positive for one more time! They offered the 1st month for free as I asked and they set it up within 10 mins. And when I sent an email to the sales department (after 5 mins that I signed up for the 2nd account), asking for a free upgrade of my 1st account, they replied within 3 mins that the upgrade to 5Gb was already done! Pretty amazing I think...

Overall I must admit that Hostgator has proved to be the best hosting experience I've had for the last 4 years that I host my sites. They can certainly work a little more on the support experience the customer receives, but this does not mean you will have any unanswered questions or delays. It's nice to sleep calmly at nights and not be afraid whether your sites will be online and a technical team will seriously take care of them if needed. Hostgator is there for me...

If you are thinking of a reseller hosting provider - not the cheaper one but certainly cost effective and of high quality - then Hostgator should be included in your short list for sure.

Best regards,
John

Last edited:
faster

I have just switched and hosgator looks faster.. I had lunarpages before and my website was ververy slow.. and.. anyway.. I will write my opinions at other thread about lunarpages:)

All I have heard about them is good too. They don't offer more bells and whistles than the other companies. But, they do what a company should. They answer their emails and their phones and they seem to actually care about the customer. I don't know about you but if I don't feel appreciated I'll go somewhere else!

Relly happy to look and read a positive review about a hosting company,Its always really good to see a customer thats happy with Its hosting company.
Cheers for your Future! :)

Hostgator is really one of the best web hosts out there, I have been using them for over an year now and never had any problems. Only bad thing is sometimes with their support you get to speak with non-native speakers and their English is worse than mine.

I experienced this once and read about many such instances on other forums. But their hosting service is top notched.

I always prefer to get answers of my questions via email.. If they answer my questions in a reasonable time, and reasonable way.., they are perfect to me:))

When you ask a question on the phone, i don't believe i will get the perfect answer in secs, but when you open a ticket, they wiil have time to think, ask, research even if they don't know the exact answer...

Hostgator replys tickets very fast.. That's why, I like them so far..

Hostgator is one of the best or even the best one i think,
their services is excellent, i really enjoy when i see there are professionals All-The-Time to help you and solve your problem honestly even at midnight,Holidays ... their support is really 24/7/365 by all the mean,

I couldn't help but to voice out to support conjamuk. I got started with Hostgator back in early 2005 and I must admit they gave the best hosting experience so far. I had been (and still currecntly using some of them) with Bluehost, Hostmonster, WebHostingPad, Lunarpages, ********, Gate, Network Eleven, PowWeb, FatCow, StartLogic, HostPapa...(gosh that's a long list).

Bluehost and Lunarpages used to be as good but not now anymore.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
netcrohosting