3 gigs of space
100gigs of bandwidth
unlimited extras like MySql/Subdomains/
Park 2 domains
Network tools
PHP
Cgi Tools
Cpanel or Plesk (your choice)
is this good for 5.99 please i need suggestions?

100 GB for $6 CDN? :shocked:

For how long did you intend to stay in business when you thought of going into web hosting?

WOW! That is very VERY cheap....your price should be at the very least, $20US IMO (sorry...i don't know the exchange rate)

Sounds very cheap...If you want people to NOT write you off as a scam, I'd put up your price a bit...
~Equinox

Don't post your packages and then ask if it's a good price. Instead grab a piece of paper, a calculator and copy this down, then figure out packages for your server:

Server Info:
|Static Entries|
MB Storage = S
BG Transfer = T
Server Cost = C
Price Per IP = I

|Dynamic Entries|
Cost Per MB Store: C/S = X
Cost Per GB Tran: C/T = Y

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Package Info
|Static Entries|
MB Store = M
GB Tran = G
Number of IPs = N
Support Costs = H
P = Markup Percentage

|Cost of Package Math|
M*X = A
G*Y = B
N*I = Z

If I messed up the math anyone is free to correct it. Stick to the "calculator" and you can't go wrong.

Last edited:
Whoa, ok...nice system...I'm not going to even try and test it, cos chances are I'll mess up somewhere, but a good idea (allowing the client to customise the package) nonetheless!
~Equinox

Well, it could be used for allowing client to customize, or a host could use it to figure package costs rather than shooting in the dark this way you can find out what a package costs you and what you sell to the client. Allows you to see profit based on that and if you use the "Support Costs" feature, hopefully your time per month per client isn't more than what the actual support costs entry is, or that it averages out over the course of a month or two.

I believe that you should hike your prices up a little bit. People tend to scare from things that look to good to be true.

I would definately push my prices higher if in your situation. Most of the clients willing to spend $5.99 on those kind of specs will probebly be more demanding than those willing to spend - say... $70.

When editing your pricing, make sure it fits into your targetted market. If you're targeting 13 year olds (not the best audience - just an example), you don't want plans priced at $100/mo, therefore you'd have to consider adjusting your specs and prices to cater for the audience.

Best of luck! :)

XcrashworldX said:
what is the url to your hosting company' website?
I doubt he is going to respond to that. He never came back after his post.
His business model might not have been sustainable. :devil:

Best,

Anyone who has to go on a forum to ask if their plan prices are OK doesn't have a business model Art.

I can never figure out why someone would first develop a hosting package, THEN ask if it's ok.

Asking for advice after the fact is a pointless, and effort wasting action.

This type of backward thinking is exactly why these young/cheap hosts feel that it's necessary to charge $5/100GB.

I can never figure out why someone would first develop a hosting package, THEN ask if it's ok.
When they have a signature that points to their site, I can figure out the "why". ;)