Namecheap Hosting

Their hosting offer is very new. It'll take a while before users will be able to formulate reliable conclusions.

ldcdc said:
Their hosting offer is very new. It'll take a while before users will be able to formulate reliable conclusions.

I totally agree. However, Namecheap is a company that i can trust so i wouldn't mind give them a try :)

For $5mo you can get about
100GB space
1000GB transfer
1250 email accounts
30 MySQL or PostgreSQL databases
http://www.namecheap.com/learn/webh... their excellent domain registrar reputation.

Addmember said:
For $5mo you can get about
100GB space
1000GB transfer
1250 email accounts
30 MySQL or PostgreSQL databases
http://www.namecheap.com/learn/webhosting/index.asp?from=indexpromo

That's great, especially if they are going to keep up with their excellent domain registrar reputation.
talk about major overselling :p

I guess their servers are pretty fast right now, but give it time and things will slow down after awhile. I've seen it happen to all new hosts.

I'm slowly moving my domains away from namecheap, though I still think there a good registrar. I just found better rates elsewhere, hence my move from them.

Harry said:
talk about major overselling :p

I guess their servers are pretty fast right now, but give it time and things will slow down after awhile. I've seen it happen to all new hosts.

I'm slowly moving my domains away from namecheap, though I still think there a good registrar. I just found better rates elsewhere, hence my move from them.
I completely agree with you. Servers do keep slowing down of these hosts as time passes, and they keep overselling. Dreamhost is one such thing.

I think NameCheap.com is a great company and their services are unmatched. They are good at domain registration and I'm sure their web hosting will be the same.

Look out for their customer testimonials and reviews from actual clients which will help you make your choice more easily.

qprojects said:
I completely agree with you. Servers do keep slowing down of these hosts as time passes, and they keep overselling. Dreamhost is one such thing.
Just like everyone says, don't keep your domain and hosting at the same area. Namecheap is a good domain registrar, but when it comes to hosting, I don't know about them. I'm sure you can find better deals for hosting instead of namecheap hosting.

This is now common that a domain registrar also act as a host providers but I don't find few of them are most successful in managing two business at a time, especially hosting needs a nice set-up, good track record and good support staff especially deputed for managing hosting clients. Its requires more than just simply tackling the deficiencies, its not a business like carrying and forwarding services. :uhh: Always consider to choose one who are in market from sufficient time and are stable and reliable one. :magnify:

Thats major overselling as everyone else has stated, wonder how long it'll take before the bad reviews roll in
Yet it's run by people with serious experience, who have helped build serious, respected hosting brands before. The waiting might take a while. What we might find at some point are customers unhappy to be booted for server resources abuse.

As for me I consider that NameCheap.com has been in the web hosting business for a long while and it's quite natural that they have decided t broaden out their business. Good luck.

My best wishes to NameCheap.com, If you are looking for a web host I'd suggest go with one that has a lot of experience in the Web Hosting industry and NameCheap surely has that.

Dre,

v1rax said:
My best wishes to NameCheap.com, If you are looking for a web host I'd suggest go with one that has a lot of experience in the Web Hosting industry and NameCheap surely has that.

Dre,
NameCheap.com is sure the first web hosting company in providing top notch domain registration services. And their new web hosting package plans are really very cheap and knowing them in damain business, I think they'll be good in web hosting as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
netcrohosting