Namecheap vs. GoDaddy

Tekime

If you were stranded on an island for the rest of your life, and had only ONE domain registrar to choose from between the two... who would it be?

Definitely Namecheap..no chances of being ripped off for additional products, no scams, no $50 for domain retreival and def more reliable than Godaddy...hehehe..

Im the only one, And I think Godaddy is the best, My dad bought his domain from them and notthing wrong so far.

Cheap to.

My vote goes to GoDaddy. Never had a problem with their services.
Although I must admit, I have never used namecheap.

eNom, but that is not mentioned. :)

FYI : Namecheap.com is just reseller of Enom.com this can be confirmed with them.

Namecheap is the best, i found they offer cheap prices, nice support and reliability.

Better than too complicated godaddy.com

The next choice in my list is name.com

Had to vote for Namecheap. Was just on GoDaddy a couple of days ago..didn't take long to move on elsewhere.

FYI : Namecheap.com is just reseller of Enom.com this can be confirmed with them.

Namecheap is the best, i found they offer cheap prices, nice support and reliability.

Better than too complicated godaddy.com

The next choice in my list is name.com

from what i've heard nmaecheap is transfering from enom to their own icann.

Namecheap is very good tbh.

GoDaddy has my vote. They are not very user friendly but they seems reliable to me. I had been with them for years, no problem at all.

I was offline entirely for a long period of time and I thought I was going to have a site and everything so that's why I was offline from here for so long.

But what exactly is the difference between the two that makes the two names so mentionable?

Godaddy is cheaper with coupons and when you have a lot of domains like I do those savings add up so I have more domains at Godaddy.

So its namecheap leading the way for now....its a close call..anybody who hasn't voted, do it now!

@Host Pro - Nobody spoke bout getting domains for 'cheap'...ur stranded on an island...i'm sure u dun need ur stash to be spend on food :)

Just kidding..appreciate ur view point...peace...

Namecheap has a better control panel by far. They have far fewer steps in registering a domain.
When I register a domain that is all I want to do. I don't need 5 pages of options and advertisements to sort through before I get to the payment page.

Namecheap is quick, cheap, and simple. Can't see how there would be any argument against them by anyone who has actually used them.

I use both GoDaddy and NameCheap quite actively with about 70% of domains parked at GoDaddy.

While as Blue said, I love NameCheap CLEAN check-out process (I wish GD had the same!), GoDaddy has really won me over at the start of my biz relationship with them by fixing a few billing issues when they didn't have to. I only had a couple of domains at the time and it showed me how bad they want to retain ALL clients.

As for NameCheap, the fact that I have never had to contact their support speaks highly of the level of their service. And yet its also the only factor that prevents me from knowing exactly what their service is like. In other words, I won't know until I get to contact them when I have an issue. :D