Need bandwidth and reliable logging

browser

I've got a host right now that I'm growing out of. I need a host with at least 10 gigabytes bandwidth a month. I'm currently topping out over 5 and have had to disable part of the site in order to get it under this month.

Anyway, I also need very reliable logs, that I can save and download each month.

I don't mind an insecure host, if that means I can get telnet access to the logs. Alternatively logs through the control panel that actually don't magically disappear. I need to be sure the logs will be there.

OK, so sometimes a server crashes, which is why I tend to want to be able to gzip the file to a different location regularly, so I can be sure to have at least a copy of it - saved when I have the time to do it manually.

So, where can I find a host like that? Oh, and it should be fairly fast too.

So, any ideas?

I also tried Anhosting, with the thought of bringing this particular domain over later. But the logging there is too unreliable for me, even though they've bent over backwards to accomodate me. The log generally empties out the 30th each month, for some reason, and then again the first. Weird... And the advanced control panel you can set to save logs every month - doesn't work. The files have CRC errors. And it appears to be slower than my other host (which is far less accomplished in other areas, but I don't mind the lack of control panel).

YES!

I'm experiencing all sorts of anomalies with one of my hosts, so I'm a bit leery of cpanel as a result, although it may actually be the server's fault.

Do any of you have Raw Log Manager (the advanced version of cpanel, I think) and actually get the WHOLE preceding month? I get about a week's worth, and it doesn't even always go until the 31st until it dumps the log into there!

March: 28-30
February: 22-28
January: 25-30

So... is it the host or the software?

Should I trust cpanel and make sure I get a host that delivers WITH cpanel, or find a host that gives me logs in another way?

What Keston meant was if you are asking for hosts posting you offers or are you just looking for recommendations and answers to your questions?

Both.

Have been looking at site5 and Totalchoice. They look pretty good, I'm just not very trusting right now. Any other good alternatives?

I guess another thing I'd like, is testimonials that the raw log manager thingy actually works long time without hickups on these and other hosts. Given my more than shaky experience with it, you know?

browser I would like to make a offer to you how ever though I must obey the rules and since this is not the web hosting request forum I can't really do much.

BGFWeb.com would like to offer you the following:

Reseller Plans - Unmetered Domains
cPanel/WHM
All other features unmetered
All accounts are instantly activated upon completion of order!

1 GB diskspace / 10 GB bandwidth / $5 monthly - order
Signup for Free Trial - manually activated

All our packages include the following:

RVSkin
Excellent Cpanel overlay with Multi-language (Currently with 17 different languages: English, Spanish, Portuguese, French, German, Swedish, Russian, Romanian, Dutch, Brazilian-Portuguese, Simplified-Chinese (GB), Traditional-Chinese (Big5), Polish, Italian, Arabic, Japanese-shift_JIS and Japanese-euc-JS ) and 14 different theme designs.

Fantastico De Luxe 2.6 r15
An amazing application that lets you install some of the best PHP scripts with just a few clicks of a mouse: PHP-Nuke, phpBB2, InvisionBoard, pMachine, b2, PHPauction, 4images Gallery, OSCommerce and many more. Now you can save countless hours installing and configuring the scripts yourself.

Unmetered Add-on Domains
Unmetered Parked Domains
Unmetered Subdomains
Unmetered Redirects
Unmetered FTP Accounts
Unmetered Email Accounts
Unmetered Email Forwarding
Unmetered Email Auto Responders
Unmetered MySQL Databases
CGI Bin and Perl 5.8.1
PHP 4.3.4
MySQL 4.0.15-standard
phpMyAdmin 2.5.6-rc1
Frontpage Extensions 5.0.2.2634
FTP Access
NeoMail, Squirrelmail and Horde
And Much More!

5 DAYS FREE TRIAL (no payments needed for trial)
30-day money back

accepted payments: PayPal and 2CheckOut

browser said:
I've got a host right now that I'm growing out of. I need a host with at least 10 gigabytes bandwidth a month. I'm currently topping out over 5 and have had to disable part of the site in order to get it under this month.

Anyway, I also need very reliable logs, that I can save and download each month.

I don't mind an insecure host, if that means I can get telnet access to the logs. Alternatively logs through the control panel that actually don't magically disappear. I need to be sure the logs will be there.

OK, so sometimes a server crashes, which is why I tend to want to be able to gzip the file to a different location regularly, so I can be sure to have at least a copy of it - saved when I have the time to do it manually.

So, where can I find a host like that? Oh, and it should be fairly fast too.

So, any ideas?

I also tried Anhosting, with the thought of bringing this particular domain over later. But the logging there is too unreliable for me, even though they've bent over backwards to accomodate me. The log generally empties out the 30th each month, for some reason, and then again the first. Weird... And the advanced control panel you can set to save logs every month - doesn't work. The files have CRC errors. And it appears to be slower than my other host (which is far less accomplished in other areas, but I don't mind the lack of control panel).

Hi~

If you would like to host your site here, you have access to the logs BUT no telnet / ssh access. The logs are saved to your account daily, so they are not real time. Each day access log file is compressed and saved to your /access_log directory so you can download them via FTP anytime.

If you are interested, see see: http://www.yupapa.com
Please look at the demo of the control panel on how to configure your logs file. http://www.yupapa.com/pccs.gateway?chnl=webhosting_controlpanel :)

Bye~ :sleep:

Hi.

All our plans are setup with Raw Log Manager, so your monthly logs will be saved on your account, and you will not lose them at the end of the month. You can try our free trial to check the raw log manager: http://www.2wdh.com/hosting/plans/free-trial

Please feel free to ask us if you have any additional questions. We will be glad to answer you.

Anox Hosting Offers our Bronze Plan.

*Setup Fee: Free!
*24 / 7 Support: Free!
*Cost per month : $5.00
*30-Day Money Back Guarantee: Included!
*Storage: 500MB
*Bandwidth: 10GB/Month
*MySQL Database: Unlimited!
*99.9% Uptime Guarantee!: Included
*Fantastico Preinstalled Scripts: Free!
*FrontPage Extensions: Included!
*Dreamweaver Compatible?: Yes!
*POP3, SMTP & IMAP: Included!
*E-mail Accounts: 200!
*E-mail Forwarding: 200!
*E-mail Auto Responders: 200!
*Web Mail: Included!
*PHP, PYTHON & PERL: All Included!
*CGI-BIN: Included!
*Add-On Domain: 2!
*Parked Domains: 3!
*Sub Domains: 25!
*FTP Accounts: Unlimited!
*Anonymous FTP: Included!
*Shopping Cart: Included!
*SSL - Secure Certificate: Included!
*SSI - Server Side Includes: Included!
*Password Protected Folders: Included!
*Custom Error Pages: Included!
*Mailing List: Included!
*Flash & Shockwave: Included!
*Windows Media Compatible: Included!
*Real Media Compatible: Included!
*Online User Statistics: Included!
*Raw Access Logs: Included!
*Filename Restriction: None What so ever!
*File Size Limit: No Limit!

Our Servers use Cpanel if you wish to see a demo of it please goto http://www.anoxhosting.com/cpanel username is demouser password is demouser
Order now by going to http://www.anoxhosting.com/billing/step_one.php?gid=1 for more information visit http://www.anoxhosting.com/index.php?page=shared

P.S. Our Log manager saves your logs back for up to a year.

I think I'll try TCH for a month, then we'll see.

I just checked one of my current hosts. It rolled over some time yesterday, possibly when I downloaded the raw log up till then that week.

I then looked at the up time of the server. 9 days or so.

Looks like the problem has to do with resources on the server. Fairly typical that it happens during the last days of the month.

EDIT: It's happened a few more times today! Shakes head...

Last edited: