Need help for webhosting issues here

lsf85

I am currently managing a site,
and when I enter the address it shows:

Not Found
The requested URL / was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/1.3.37 Server at www.mydomain.com Port 80

may I know if this is the domain problem or server problem?
I had registered my domain name under netfirms.

Thanks very much if someone would help me

surver uptime

I too have a website where not at all facing any problem my clints are happy with the service iam providing to them This is possible by server uptime all the time so do you want your website to work all d time go for ************.

Are you hosting with netfirms as well, or you just registered the domain there?

If the domain is pointing to the correct nameservers, I'd say its most likely a server problem.

I just registered my domains the other day (finally) and had to wait the excrutiatingly long time while the nameservers switched from GoDaddy to my hosting. I thought I'd die while waiting. But I made myself not keep checking and when I got up in the morning (about 48 hours after purchase) they were all set.

Thanks so much for the replies.
I registered the domain name under netfirms.com and directed the name server to site5. 2 days ago I had change the name server under netfirms, and now the problem is:

The page cannot be found
The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

Is there anyway to find out where to problem is and make the website work. Sorry because I am quite new with these.

Contact your host and ask for assistance. They may direct you back to netfirms to see what the problem is, or they may be able to point out the problem.

What is the domain name in question?

In addition to what Lesli said above, in some instances, you have to set host and IP addresses manually with your registrar. I ran into similar issue once and I had to manually input nameservers and corresponding IPs into the system, by doing so I "registered" hostnames.

I am not saying that this is the solution in your case, but I would ask your hosting provider for assistance. They might not have set the DNS properly, thus their DNS might not be running. This is the service that publishes the IP address for a domain name (i.e. www.domain.com) much like a telephone directory. (If you don't know someone's phone number, you look it up in the directory. If you don't have a directory, like when your DNS service is down, names cannot be resolved to IPs.)

i had contacted the server, and it turns out to be the directory problem. Thank u all so much for the replies!