Need migration tool

ipcoders

Hello to all,

One of my customers looking for database migration tool for PFP-Fusion v7 to Joomla v1.5.22. Any ideas where can I find this?

The best way is to export it with phpmyadmin, I am unsure if there are any migration tools for what you need.

But phpmyadmin is good enough to move the db, or even do it in SSH.

I did a search in google for you, however most of the responses are saying that it can't be done (easily) or they're postings with paid jobs. You might want to check the freelancer.com boards and some of the similar paid job sites and hire someone to do the conversion.

From what I've read, PHP-Fusion is more than just a CMS, it's a forum also - converting the users tables appears to have been the biggest challenge. It can be done, but you'll need to lay out both database schematics and then match them up correctly before importing one to another.

Actually,you'd better process this issue through phpmyadmin, because much trouble things will generate if you use the 3rd tools. All the operations associated with database could be done in phpmyadmin.

Try running a search on Google for an automated import script, but manual is definitely the best way if you have the time. :)

SwisSQL offers a complete Data Migration Tool that helps the migration and transfer of database schemas and data across leading databases such as Oracle, IBM DB2, MS-SQL Server, Sybase, MySQL, PostgreSQL and MS Access. It offers an open, user-friendly, and extensible migration process ensuring reliability and data integrity.

PHPmyAdmin is the best and most reliable way to do perform DB migration. Auto scripts may cause any issue while performing the process.