Need some advice

dbosch

Hi all this is my first post

1. Is it smart to offer domain white Reselling Account?

I no u don’t make a lot off money on it but it’s a extra that can result in a sale of a web hosting account

2. I am setting up a knowledge base now do I keep this to just “Control Panel / billing” or give more stuff like “php 4 & 5 / mysql / CGI & PERL” or is this over kill?

3. thanks for your time

Personally, I think one should either get truly involved in hosting, or not. Anything else and it's a waste of time and resources, for both the wannabe host and its potential customers.

Welcome to HostingDiscussion!

As for your questions...offering domains isn't a bad idea if you're targeting people who are new to hosting. Anyone who's been on the internet has heard of the major registrars by now, and most will go there before they even hear from you. Doesn't hurt to offer it though, as long as you don't have any monthly costs associated with it.

2 - A knowledgebase is always good. It'll help with support load. It will probably eliminate a good 75% of basic support requests (there are always some customers who will email/submit a ticket no matter what).

Well, offering domains isn't a bad thing. Though many hosting customers, most likly will not buy it from you. Why? Because if a user has done their research, they know "some" (not saying you would do this) companies keep the domain. Therefore, the user is stuck with them or has to leave their domain with the company.

Yes you can probably get it back someway, mabye through ICANN. But really, who wants to go through all that?

As for the knowledge base, either just create one or better yet, use a forum and have a specific forum for ALL FAQS.

All the best.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mikstrahost