New Introduction

musicmanrobert

Hello All,

I am bob living here in Georgia. I love classical and jazz music. I also love black & white photography. I am an advid audiophile and love listening to music played on a good system.

I am not all that computer literate and may considered just over the nerd level :) Please forgive me is some of my questions seem to be too basic. I am honest where I am in this automation field. I will say that I love to learn and read. So any instructions I get here will be treasured. Thank you all for your patience.

bob:help:

Hey Bob, what a cool intro. I am also a big fan of jazz music and photography. I snap some shots from time to time.

Welcome to HostingDiscussion. What brought you to our web hosting focused community? Are you trying to get into the business? Do you just want to learn more about it? We have a wide variety of members, those who are new to the business and those that can write books about it. Whatever the question, we have the answer. So don't be shy, ask away. :)

Thanks for taking the time to say hello, I hope to see you around the forums. Feel free to reach out to be directly if you have any community-related concerns or issues.

:wave:

New Member Response

Good Evening Artashes and thank you so much for your "Hello". I sure do appreciate that. Actually, I have started building small websites for some of our church members who want to start business. Websites are generally 4 or 5 pages.
Here is my problem. Recently, my IP Address has been blocked twice within a 3 week period. My wife is a realtor who has an office in an upstairs room in our home. I work in an office area downstairs off of our dining room. We both use Norton SEcurity Delux and Malwarebytes. I don't think there is a problem using both of these. If anyone thinks so please let me know.

Other than what I do for our local computer security I don't know what else to do. Each time my IP Address is blocked, the 4 websites hosted goes down, I don't have access to my cPanel or any area of the client area of the hosting company. And, of course, I don't get any emails. This is indeed very bothersome and frustrating. Does anyone have advice that I can understand and use to rid myself of this IP Address blocking? Any advice will be well
received. Thank you all. By the way, I hope this is where I should post. If this should go somewhere else please forgive me and tell me where to post. Thanks again All. :sad:

Recently, my IP Address has been blocked twice within a 3 week period. My wife is a realtor who has an office in an upstairs room in our home.

Each time my IP Address is blocked, the 4 websites hosted goes down, I don't have access to my cPanel or any area of the client area of the hosting company. And, of course, I don't get any emails.

First of all welcome, nice intro. Who is blocking your IP and why? The webhosting company ? If is the webhosting company they have logs to see why your IP is blocked, you have to talk with them, this is the first step. Can be many things related, but you have to ask the webhosting company why their firewall is blocking your IP. We need more information to narrow this to the root.

Regards,

Bob, George above asked all the right questions. Once you can shed some light, we'll be able to point you in the right direction.

It might also be good to know which hosting company you are hosting these sites with.