Niceday Hosting Closing Down

easyhostmedia

Hi all HD members

It is with great regret and sadness that after 18 years of running a web hosting business (which has had its challenges over the years) I have decided to close down Niceday Hosting.

This has not been an easy decision to make and one I wish I did not have to make, but with rising costs and the loss of some large clients (they closed their businesses) over the last couple of months it is no longer economically viable to keep Niceday Hosting running.

I will be officially closing Niceday Hosting down on 24th May 2018.

I will not be leaving HD as even though my business will close, i still have 18 years of knowledge that can help others.

Would you rather someone buy the left over clients? I would buy them off you so they are looked after?

Terry, wow, that is quite the news! Sorry to hear that your business was an indirect casualty of a circumstance. You've done very well in this business so it is sad to be losing a knowledgeable person in the game.

Maybe there is still a chance for you to rebound until the end of May. In case you find new clients to make up for the loss, would you consider staying in web hosting?

And if not, what are your thoughts about where to go next?

Terry, wow, that is quite the news! Sorry to hear that your business was an indirect casualty of a circumstance. You've done very well in this business so it is sad to be losing a knowledgeable person in the game.

Maybe there is still a chance for you to rebound until the end of May. In case you find new clients to make up for the loss, would you consider staying in web hosting?

And if not, what are your thoughts about where to go next?

Thanks.

I dont think i can rebound before the end of May, i looked at loads of ways to try and keep going, even at cheaper servers, but do i leave the reliable servers and excellent support of bigscoots to a budget provider that gives little support and unreliable servers.

It has been a hard last 8 years after i banned a client for not paying his fees. he started a campaign of attack against me and my website on sites such as mywot, even having some of his cronnies say they had bad shopping experiences on domains that i had registered but had no websites, saying i posted his person info on public forums and he even threatened to DDOS my servers if i did not give me my server passwords, he posted on WHT so when i reported his comments i got banned and he remains on WHT till this day. I was told i could have taken him to court and force him to remove all the comments etc, but it would have cost me 10K. i lost a lot of clients over his comments, but i fought on and changed my business name
you can read his lies on here

https://forum.mywot.com/reputation-...492.html?sid=b6759096efc88cf2a0eebcec94be4691

he is dan2k9 and notice if anyone defends me he attacks them saying they are me using a different name

even here http://www.whtop.com/review/easyasabc-hosting.com

but anyway getting back to me closing. I am holding onto my main domain as i could return at a future date.

Thanks.

I dont think i can rebound before the end of May, i looked at loads of ways to try and keep going, even at cheaper servers, but do i leave the reliable servers and excellent support of bigscoots to a budget provider that gives little support and unreliable servers.

It has been a hard last 8 years after i banned a client for not paying his fees. he started a campaign of attack against me and my website on sites such as mywot, even having some of his cronnies say they had bad shopping experiences on domains that i had registered but had no websites, saying i posted his person info on public forums and he even threatened to DDOS my servers if i did not give me my server passwords, he posted on WHT so when i reported his comments i got banned and he remains on WHT till this day. I was told i could have taken him to court and force him to remove all the comments etc, but it would have cost me 10K. i lost a lot of clients over his comments, but i fought on and changed my business name
you can read his lies on here

https://forum.mywot.com/reputation-...492.html?sid=b6759096efc88cf2a0eebcec94be4691

he is dan2k9 and notice if anyone defends me he attacks them saying they are me using a different name

even here http://www.whtop.com/review/easyasabc-hosting.com

but anyway getting back to me closing. I am holding onto my main domain as i could return at a future date.

Little ***** I know this fool, he is an utter tool from Manchester. Didn't think he would go that far on a smear campaign!! But it sucks, he was a client once with me, in fact he is on my facebook.

PM me with the sort of figures you are talking about

Inboxed you man, hopefully I can help you leave with something and a new home for the customers!@

Last edited:
I remember the incident and some of the discussions we had here on HD about it!

Sucks to hear that another company who nearly reached the 2-decade mark is closing up - but, it leaves the door open for other opportunities that may have been ignored in recent years.

If I can be of any help, feel free to hit me up.

I remember the incident and some of the discussions we had here on HD about it!

Sucks to hear that another company who nearly reached the 2-decade mark is closing up - but, it leaves the door open for other opportunities that may have been ignored in recent years.

If I can be of any help, feel free to hit me up.

Thanks Conor.

Iv'e not done too bad for someone that fell into webhosting by accident as originally i ran a market stall selling toys, so set up my own website on shared hosting and then started to drop ship computer goods and computer inks all on separate shared hosting, then my host at the time stated why dont i just get a reseller plan to run all the sites from which i did and then other market traders asked me to host their sites, which i did for £1 a month as it was not about money, but it helped pay for the reseller account and gradually clientbase increased, but then host did a runner, so i went for a cheap VPS and the business just grew into where i am now. gave up market trading in 2002 after a knee operation

Dang Terry, that's shocking given all the work and knowledge you've put into your business. I do wish you well in your future endeavors.