Norton Ghost?

Francisco

Has anyone ever used Norton Ghost before?

I was wondering if it was possible to move two partitions from an old hard-drive into a new hdd I got.

You should be able to either copy both partitions over just like they are or copy one partition over and choose a size and then copy the second one over and make it fill out the rest.

Loxias said:
You should be able to either copy both partitions over just like they are or copy one partition over and choose a size and then copy the second one over and make it fill out the rest.

Thanks, I will try that :)

Ghost will copy an entire drive... not a partition. ANything residing on that drive will go to the destinating drive. I use ghost daily for backing up peoples crap before I format.... seems to be the popular route for me right now. Why waste 5 hours work for only making $65 when I can backup/format/reinstall for $75 and it only takes 1 hour :)

If you want to save it all PQ Magic will let you move a partition to a folder. Say you have a D: drive - you can make it a folder.

There is also an application migration wizard - but I'd honestly be less than confident.

Decker said:
If you want to save it all PQ Magic will let you move a partition to a folder. Say you have a D: drive - you can make it a folder.

There is also an application migration wizard - but I'd honestly be less than confident.

You mean Powerquest (aka norton) Partition magic? (If so what version? 8?)

Thanks

Vovex Technology said:
Ghost will copy an entire drive... not a partition. ANything residing on that drive will go to the destinating drive.
Ghost will also copy partition to partition.

Yep Norton has it now, oh sorry Symantec, ver 8 is the best bet for it as it's the first one to really handle XP NTFS properly.