Office

Who wouldn't want that. I was reading and the guys computer has 3 video cards. "The 6 main displays are connected to the Mac Pro, which has three ATI 2600 video cards." And most likely they are around $500.00 or more just for one. Crazy!

Thats so nice, He must have alot of money and income is high.

I know TornadoGaming.com has a office.

You'd actually be surprised just how cheap it is to do something like this.

My own desk has 8 monitors and 2 video cards (4 outputs on each). Most of our tech desks are 3 or 4 monitors also. Granted we're only using 19" and 21" monitors, but the pricing is dropping so fast on monitors that it's fairly inexpensive to get into something like this (if needed).

I NEED a minimum of 4 monitors when I'm working as I've got monitoring and shell windows and chat etc that I keep on top of.

1 screen is not enough for me anyway ;) Keeping client details open in one window and answering a support ticket in another is very handy. Also, if you are doing comparison of codes, monitoring servers, running multiple shell commands (ever run TOP and MyTOP and mtr and then need another shell screen to execute commands?), it's a wonderful thing ;)

Primarily I have multiple chat windows open with customers and shell windows open to help resolve their issues. Flipping back and fort with multiple desktops doesn't quite cut it. It's like using two notepads rather than flipping pages and losing your spot. It's multi-tasking at it's best.

It’s a nice setup, not too dissimilar to my home office, although I have a rounded desk and use a lot of the Logitech equiptment as far as mouse and keyboard (MX Revolution and diNovo edge) the computer I use is custom built running dual quad core 4ghz (over clocked) Intel’s and 2x Nvidia Quadrio 5800’s, although 3x 42 HD monitors and a 103” HD TV do it for me, often annoys me with multiple screens in front where as the larger TV can be used to present and compare info as well as watch TV which is located to the right of me as i write this with the 24/7 news blaring out on the surround sound as i cant locate the remote :help:

Although a lot of programmers work from home more and more these days almost exactly for the reasons that where mentioned on that page, also give you more freedom and allows you to spend more time with the kids :)

Last edited: