Only 130 Hosting Companies?

nodehost

Hmmm, only 130 registered on this board, now I KNOW there are more than 130 hosting companies, we have taken clients from more than that!

Come on people, if you are hosting company, why not sign up on here? Are you going to sit back and let us take all the business of a customer looking for a host?

Actually, on second thought, don't sign up, I will take all the business :)

(please, this post was sarcasim. I really would like to see this board take off a little more, so please, if you are a hosting company, sign up!)

Just a simple Hello

Just thought I would say hi, I joined this board awhile ago butr have just really been lerking since their has not been much converstation here. I go to wht alot and it would be nice if this site got as big as that one. but without all those people looking for free or dirt cheap hosting. I am starting to think people don't understand us hosting companies have bills to pay too hosting costs money and yet I am seeing more and more requests for free or dirt cheap hosting.
Well anyway I just thought I would say hi :)

Jreis - co-owner
.:Sessionmedia:.

It's no different for domain sales.

I have people who regularly send me email asking me to lower our domain prices so that they can afford to buy lots of domains from us.

They invariably complain about the service at their current registrar - but then want me to match prices so they can move to us. They simply cannot afford to pay more than they are paying now.

Hello? How to they think we pay the people who provide support?

It's not like we are charging outrageous prices - we are still significantly lower than many. We are just not giving away domains for cost...

-t

Ive just been watching myself. We are trying to decide if We want a forum on our site also so my customers can discuss things between themselves. I have alot of ideas we are working on for our new site but from the looks of it and how busy we are I dont know if i gonna have time to finish it any time this year.

Well Alan if you are interested my company can redesign or add new pages to your site. We have designed and orginized quite a few hosting companies websites. So if you really would like some help and are interested in hiring one of our designers let me know.

Hope you don't mind me making the offer

:)

No problem my man i dont mind the offer but I dont feel that we should pay for web design when we are fully capable of doing ourself. :) But I do appreciate the offer and thank you. We are working on a new flash site but its soooo detailed with screenshots and everything that it would be very expensive to have someone come in and take over where left off. We have over 3000 fla files that we are incorporating into the site and when its up and running I'll post it and ket you guys check it out.

itll probably be another 6 to 7 months before we are done with it. We have alot of ideas that are being put in it and it is going to be very detailed and driven by sql database.

Re: Wow sounds like it will be a great looking site

Sessionmedia said:
Wow it sounds like the site will be looking great when it's done.
Are you talking about; http://www.electronhosting.com/ with it's nice CardService banner and Weather Channel app for Florida? :eek:
Methinks you really are in need of a professional website designer afterall. ;)

LoL Yeah that site about 4 years old and desperately needs a redo, But it seems to work for now and its better than having nothing at all.

Greetings everyone,

I guess this is my first post in hostingdiscussion.com. (I just read 14 pages of WHT posting about Rackshack buying WHT and found this forum.)

I'm looking forward to sharing many things with you all.

Best wishes :)

Re: Just a simple Hello

Sessionmedia said:
but without all those people looking for free or dirt cheap hosting. I am starting to think people don't understand us hosting companies have bills to pay too hosting costs money and yet I am seeing more and more requests for free or dirt cheap hosting.
This is pretty much why I stopped responding to requests at WHT. In fact, I don't respond to as many threads as I used to. I really like ServerExpert.com, but they don't get much traffic over there. I'm searching for a new forum that has a lot of traffic to waste some time on. :) Maybe this will be it.

Seeing as a few others have stepped into the fray in this thread, I might as well do so too. Right. Back to browsing....

Why thank you :)

I can see I'll become as addicted to this forum as I am to *other* forums...

I think somebody should really start a poll - 'What percentage of your time is spent in forums as opposed to running your hosting business'

I should be buried in PHP right now. This is much more fun though :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mikstrahost