Page Load Times And Bounce Rates

woody

Page loading time is a real factor in how well Google ranks a website. But at the same time visitors need to be encouraged to stay and explore, to keep the bounce rate down. It's a fine balancing act between putting too much multimedia on a page and not enough. Would you put more than one video on a single page or would it be more beneficial to provide a link to a second video on another page?

I think it's more beneficial if you just place a link for the second video as it would help on the page load time.

I think it depends on the structure of the content, if your page is focused on that one piece of video then it'd be best to just have that one video on the page with a link to the other related multimedia clips. That's my opinion anyway :)

As mentioned, audience is going to be your determining factor. I've seen sites with multiple videos do quite well, and others that have a single video - it all depends on what your audience needs.

As far as Google's page load time - speed is a factor, but it's a small factor (just like domain age). It's not going to make a significant change in your rankings if your page takes 5 seconds to load rather than 1 second. If you're taking 20 seconds to load, then you have something to worry about (both with search engines & site visitors), but generally pages should load pretty quickly anyway.

You should have landing page load as fast as possible, and instead, link to other pages with the extra content. Best for rankings and local visitors.

I'd definitely just go for one video per page, more than one seems a bit over the top. But that's just my personal opinion and as mentioned it depends on the context/audience.

It sounds like the consensus is for one video per page with a link to other videos. That does make sense so as not to dilute the message I would be trying to present on a single page. And with only 1 video the site would certainly load a bit more quickly.

1) Page load time is not the real factor but its one of the factor on how google rank website. There are many other factors which combines together and your site is then ranked (like domain age, website age, etc)

2) Bounce rate is the important factor as it decides how important is your website for the end user. Lower the bounce rate, important is your website

3) Its up to you tat how many videos you want to put in your page. Make sure that doesn't slows down your page or cause trouble to end user.

And please, for the love of God, please do not make the video AUTO-PLAY. If there's one thing that will get me to close a page as quickly as possible it's auto-play music or video. If I want to view the video, I'll click it - don't force it.

And for SEO and saving bandwidth, have the video play through YouTube so that you don't have to worry about bandwidth and can take advantage of the speed of their network (along with SEO through comments in their network too).

I always think that you should put your best foot forward instead of presenting your hands and feet all at the same time. Don't over whelm your visitor but make a decision to have one quality video rather than many. Direct your visitor instead of making them make the decisions as to what videos they want to play. A single choice can easily perform this directing action for you. I strongly agree with Conor that if you auto-play me than you have lost me.

Provide decent amount of information on the homepage..Just enough to keep the visitors interested..Then provide links to other videos or more detailed posts..That's how i do it

Page loading time is a real factor in how well Google ranks a website. But at the same time visitors need to be encouraged to stay and explore, to keep the bounce rate down. It's a fine balancing act between putting too much multimedia on a page and not enough. Would you put more than one video on a single page or would it be more beneficial to provide a link to a second video on another page?

The page load times must be low for the convinience of the customers. If there is a high page load time, the visitors / customers will not be willing to wait on the website for a longer span of time. The page load times maybe high because of applications used on the web page, in case heavy applications are used make sure that they are supported with an appropriate hosting plan so that the page load time does not increase.