Paper Mail to Clients

solarishosting

Hello,

Thank you all for reading this. I currently look at sending our customers a monthly or maybe a 3-monthly broucher on all we offer, just like mobile phone companies brouchers.

I was wondering what are your thoughts on this, I understand that it can be expensive but I belive that it will generate the customers to pass on the information to another business and generate new sales.

Just wanted to know your thoughts on sending clients paper mail to them.

Personally I always toss all my snail mail junk. I honestly don't see the justification in the expense.

better off signing up with a service like mailchimp and place an opt-in/out-out button on your registration form/site and then just send out offers etc in newsletter format to those who have opted in.

I belive that it will generate the customers to pass on the information to another business and generate new sales.

What makes you think that.

How much junk mail that you get do you pass onto others?

100% of the junk mail i get i pass onto the refuse department of the local authority via our Recycle bin

I was wondering what are your thoughts on this, I understand that it can be expensive but I belive that it will generate the customers to pass on the information to another business and generate new sales.

I wouldn't waste your money and time into this. I think it would just annoying your customers (Sort of like AOL did with their CD marketing efforts).

Like easyhostmedia said mailchimp would be your best bet here as they can subscribe / unsubscribe as they wish.

we even used to send our clients a monthly newsletter via mailchimp, but when we did a survey more clients did not care to have monthly newsletters, so we decided on 2 a year, but we use mailchimp as a double process. noy just for newsletters, but we ask clients on signup if we could add their details to mailchimp as a backup of their details incase our server that hold our WHMCS goes down then we have a way to contact clients.

Personally I always toss all my snail mail junk. I honestly don't see the justification in the expense.

I absolutely agree with you. Many people just throw away this kind of letters and don't read anything. If they are already their clients they are already interested in your services and they don't need that, it is worth sending letters for people who aren't your clients.
For your clients I offer to add news overviews with invoice :)

It does seem like a waste especially because they are already aware of you. I think you would be better off emailing your current customers upgrade promotions.

I absolutely agree with you. Many people just throw away this kind of letters and don't read anything. If they are already their clients they are already interested in your services and they don't need that, it is worth sending letters for people who aren't your clients.
For your clients I offer to add news overviews with invoice :)

This could not have been more shortsighted.
A lot of companies make more money with existing clients. By informing them of new services, value-added features, they take advantage of the client base that is already trusting you with business and their money.

For example, if you start selling SSL certificates, for example, what is the likelihood that your clients will buy it from an unfamiliar third party instead of a company they trust and the one they've been very happy with for a long time?

Most companies would consider that it is not enough to just acquire a client. You need to not only retain the client, but also sell additional products and services in the long-run, maximizing your revenue per client.