parked domain clone

Harry

I remember roughly 2 yrs ago some website had 2 domain names. such as name1.com and name2.com.

Now their main domain was name1.com, however if someone used name2.com it would take over.

I know with parked domains, you can have that name2.com redirect to name1.com. However, what if I wanted to name2.com to act like it's the main domain.

example: www.name1.com/forum/post1.html
www.name2.com/forum/post1.html

in other words, if someone used name2.com, it would be as if name2.com is the main domain. I remember some website using that, I think it's called domain cloning? I didn't see anything in cpanel about it, besides domain parking and domain addon.

in cPanel it'll be one of those 2 when you add one it asks you where to point it to the other doesn't (at least iirc) and you set the domain in the one that doesn't

hth

hmm I'll try it again, but I've never used the addon domain feature, though I've used the parked domain feature before.

I believe it's called addon domains also. However, it does lead to duplicate content as google would spider both name1.com/pagename and name2.com/pagename and penalize the site for that. It's best to 301 all traffic from name2 to name1 so search engines do not give out a penalty and send less traffic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sus123