paypal idiots

easyhostmedia

I reported an unauthorised transaction from my paypal account and got this from paypal

Sent: Monday, February 23, 2015 4:51 PM
To: Terry Robertson
Subject: We've decided in your favour. (Case no PP-003-739-799-796)

Dear The Easyhost Media Group,

We've processed your recent claim that someone used your account without
your permission for this transaction, and decided the case in your favour.

-----------------------------------
Transaction details
-----------------------------------

so i removed the DD from with my bank, but PP would not let me remove the bank account from my PP account, so fine, they are aware its unauthorised and decided in my favour,
Got this yesterday

Sent: Thursday, February 26, 2015 9:29 AM
To: The Easyhost Media Group
Subject: Funding your PayPal payments

Your bank has let us know that there isn't a valid Direct Debit Instruction
set up between PayPal and your bank account ending in 9043. This means that
you won't be able to use this bank account to fund any PayPal payments, but
you may still withdraw money to it.

"How to make future payments with PayPal"

To use your bank account ending in 9043 to fund any future payments with
PayPal, you'll need to re-submit the Direct Debit Instruction. To do this,

well it seems they are working with this fraudster as i got this today

Sent: Friday, February 27, 2015 10:12 AM
To: The Easyhost Media Group
Subject: Funding your PayPal payments

On 23 Feb 2015, we tried to transfer £13.43 GBP from your bank account
ending in 9043 to fund your payment to **********. This failed
because there wasn’t a valid Direct Debit Instruction set up between PayPal
and your bank. This means that you won’t be able to use this bank account to
fund any PayPal payments, but you may still withdraw money to it.

We'll try to use your card ending in 5004 to fund the payment instead.

so they know it was unauthorised, but s till trying to STEAL the funds from me

I wouldn't say they're tryin to steal your money. They are worth quite a lot and wouldn't really go to lengths to steal £13.43 :p.

Honestly, it sounds like an automated system to me.

How are these transactions occurring through your PayPal account?

it seems to be a single payment that as soon as i has the paypal confirmation of this payment i immediately notified paypal and changed all my passwords etc and then cancelled the DD with my bank, but it seems because paypal could not take this payment they decided to take from my card associated with my account, even though they are aware it was unauthorised. my bank has told me if they do try and take this money they will chargeback it and as i have an email from paypal accepted they are aware its unauthorised then by paypal trying after the fact they are committing an offence

I dont think Paypal will steal funds from you but this seems like a technical difficulty in transferring funds to your bank account. Do you have another bank account that you can connect to your Paypal account?

I dont think Paypal will steal funds from you but this seems like a technical difficulty in transferring funds to your bank account. Do you have another bank account that you can connect to your Paypal account?

that's the point, their was an unauthorised transaction that i immediately informed Paypal, which after their investigation then decided in my favour, so i changed all passwords and cancelled the DD, which paypal say they dont use DD its a direct bank transfer, then they say they cant rake money because the DD is not set up, so they have decided to take money from a card linked to my other bank account, even though they know the transaction was unauthorised they are still willing to take it ( in the UK this is FRAUD and THEFT) as they admitted it was unauthorised in the first place.

The will get a shock if they do take the money as my bank with chargeback it and but a Paypal block on their own system, so non of the banks customers will be able to use Paypal and i have reported this to the FCA, so PP will be getting word from them

that's the point, their was an unauthorised transaction that i immediately informed Paypal, which after their investigation then decided in my favour, so i changed all passwords and cancelled the DD, which paypal say they dont use DD its a direct bank transfer, then they say they cant rake money because the DD is not set up, so they have decided to take money from a card linked to my other bank account, even though they know the transaction was unauthorised they are still willing to take it ( in the UK this is FRAUD and THEFT) as they admitted it was unauthorised in the first place.

The will get a shock if they do take the money as my bank with chargeback it and but a Paypal block on their own system, so non of the banks customers will be able to use Paypal and i have reported this to the FCA, so PP will be getting word from them

If they do take more funds from your bank and your bank does a chargeback, be careful. If it brings you into negative balance they will probably sell your debt to an agency who will then come after you.

Good luck. Hopefully all is good by now though.

If they do take more funds from your bank and your bank does a chargeback, be careful. If it brings you into negative balance they will probably sell your debt to an agency who will then come after you.

Good luck. Hopefully all is good by now though.

They could try and place in negative balance and sell the ILLEGAL debt on, but as i have emails from them confirming the unauthorised transaction and winning in my favour they would never win as the FCA would take action against them.

And as they already have a bad record in the UK (they only moved and registered in Luxembourg when the FSA had refused to renew their registration in the UK)

Interesting topic, let us know when you have more information. I personally don't think you will get into a debt because of the reasons you already listed.

From your explanation, you tried to prevent a direct debit from bank, but forgot to deactivate your card. With paypal, when a transaction fails with your bank if it is the primary funding option, they move to your card, and subsequent funding options listed under your account.

But in your case, since you notified them, it is left for you to follow up. If you can clearly state your complain to them, they will resolve the issue. Don't flare at them.