Paysytems or 2Checkout

artvision

Hello,

On most of our sites we use 2C but now I think to try with PS.
I'll be glad to hear opinions of users who know and use both
products. What are advantages/shortcomings of each of them?

Thank you!

We use PS and so far we have not had any problems whatsoever. We checked 2CO and found PS better fit our needs.

I must have signed up when they were still 3rd party, I didn't know they offered true merchant accounts.

I recommend a combination of 2CO and PayPal or a direct merchant account with just about anyone including PaySystems.

we went with 2co because they were the only ones at the time accepting canadian merchants (paysystems was not). They have been pretty good, except recently, their seems to be about 100% of my reoccuring orders missings from my checks......Earlier today they claimed they owed me a check for $20, now its $10.85. They asked me to state which orders they owe me money on...pretty tough job when its all of em. Oh and don't expect help from their toll free number, everytime we call their they say "you must open a support ticket on this and wait for a reply from support"

paysystem stinks

They might be offering merchant accountsa now but fricked over massive people with last years we cant bill 3rd party anymore crap :crash:

We got too much errors during sign ups with paysystems. But may be they solve their troubles now. We're not using their service now.

I have used ps before, but they suddenly stop our account without given any notice or any reason, therefore we switch to 2co. We do not have any problem with 2co.

Both have their flaws, there's no doubt about that however, we chose 2Checkout, partially due to some excellent stories we have been hearing. All businesses of this size have bad reviews and Paysystems and 2Checkout, are definately no exception, however we have not had any issues as of yet.

Just recently, we had our first issue with 2checkout.

We had a few (approx 6 apparently fraudulant orders).

These orders were suspect to us at first, and we had done our initial checks. Then 2co flagged them for review.

After about 24 hours, we received confirmations from 2co on those orders, which said that the transactions passed the fraud reviews, and we can go ahead and proceed with filling the orders.

Now, a month later, all 6 of those orders had chargebacks initiated on them. 2CO refunded all of them, and charged us a $39 fee for each one.

We have yet to hear back from them in regard to the matter, when we questioned their fraud review techniques, as well as their purpose for the deduction of the reserve fee, that was apprently for issues like this (but was not used in our case).

Again however, this is the first time we have had a problem with them. I just feel it's an important enough problem to bring out into the open.