phpbb vs vbulletin which is more secure?

Status
Not open for further replies.

siteseer

Sure vbulletin looks more sleek and php has more exposure to hacks but all the vbulls i see are waiting for cyustom hacks or racketing thru bad mods.
what is a designer to do?

Off topic Speaking of phpbb... i just got an email saying there is a new version...

Back on topic: I think vB if far more safer then any other type of forum software, i also think its much better, it has alot of more features, cracks, hacks, ect.

I think vBulletin is the most advanced and safer paid forum script. IPB comes next, PhpBB is far down as many exploits of phpBB are appearing everyday.

I think vBulletin is. I have worked with their support department in the past on some issues and they really seem to try to keep their product secure

vB by far. Simply because the team puts a lot more time into securing the scripts and software. They release a lot more updates when new exploits are found.

IMO vBulletin forums are more secure than phpbb. There is a level of hackability with any open-source software. vBulletin is with is not open source so it has better security than phpBB.

I agree with you guys. While you can install lots of hacks on PHBB, vBulletin is still safer even without them. The support system is also better for vBulletin, being a paid script and all. I guess one big disadvantage for this script is the high price, not everyone can afford it.

To the previous 2 posters: please check the date of the thread before replying. While the issue might still be valid enough to discuss today, this thread is too old to be bumped,

Status
Not open for further replies.