phpcoin good?

It's probably as good as you are going to get for free.

Not sure if a business plan that doesn't have funds for one of the most important components of the business is a very good one though.

Cientexec license is about $20 for 5 users in reseller mode why cant u try that ? Php coin is ok but this will give u more value since you are dealing with customers in this

I really like WHMCS. has billing system, support system, goes well with cpanel, coupons etc... But for free if your web host provider offer fantastico you could use accountlabs plus.

Why not just go with a reseller who provides a free license of whmcs/clientexec? A provider who buys in bulk can easily afford to pass on this freebie to its customers.

I suppose PHPCoin would be decent for a beginning business -- providing you do not have the funds to purchase software such as WHMCS or Clientexec, but once you begin bringing in more revenue, I'd recommend looking for a more sophisticated software; personally, I would choose WHMCS. There's also the possibility of buying a reseller account that includes a free billing system.

Yes. Phpcoin would be a good one to pick in the beginning when you do not have much money. But then choose WHMCS.

-Andre

I guess PHPcoin is a pretty good free billing system. However, WHMCS is still the best billing system. Since our company got it, we never looked back.

WHMCS is severely bloated, has programming logic littered all around the templates, is ENCRYPTED with ioncube, and is generally difficult to customize professionally. its almost unheard of in the web-ware world that you pay for software and are unable to alter the source.

all of these things are very bad news if you want to do any heavy customization in the future, make the package look more professional, or upgrade easily. money isnt a problem for me in this particular project, so i bought a license and have been developing on it the last 6 months. very regrettable; WHMCS out of the box has a horrible, convoluted UI and streamlining it to bring the standard up is not a trivial process.

that said, development is fairly active and bugs get fixed quickly.

more people using genuinely open source like phpcoin is a very good thing. free or not.

You must use a different WHMCS than I have used.
I find the features very helpful and the program very easy to set up and use out of the box.

There are some bugs in WHMCS otherwise overall its good billing software to use.

Strange as Blue says you must be using a differnet WHMCS than everyone else.

WHMCS will always place any new versions in Beta before general release so any bugs/issues are sorted before being released. Version 5.0.3 was in beta for several months before it was released and even then they had to issue a few patches. If you think their is a bug submit a ticket to them or place in the bug section in the WHMCS forum and if it is a bug (99% reported are not usually a bug) they are usually a config issue and can be sorted within minutes.