PingZine

Artashes

Administrator
Staff member
Has anyone here advertised in PingZine magazine before? I'm wondering if I should advertise the new web hosting catalog under redevelopment there and expect good response. It does seem like the magazine is being read primarily by hosting professionals and no clients, so you would expect decent return...

Check with Vito definitely. Honestly I think any hosting related service would get decent return since it's heavily read by hosts (IMHO). I found a few services via that magazine and I'd think it would be a good way to get at least a decent response, if not better.

I think most people like to misunderstand who Ping!Zine reaches. It does reach clients and consumers. There are a vast majority of web hosts on a reseller account, VPS or dedicated server and they do subscribe to Ping!Zine. As long as you are a vendor advertising your service/product and not trying to compete with the consumer market in Ping!Zine, you should get a good response.

Thank you, all. This helped a lot.

I'll try to question Vito about his campaign.

Best,

Definetly does work from contacting a few people myself. I did the same research on issue 2-3 and contacted a few advertisements and they were all very friendly to say that it did attract a good deal of customers/hits to their site. I hope that helps. I did contact pingzine for pricing but never recieved a message back from them...

I advertised in their first issue. It did return some sales and was well worth it. I haven't advertised there since then, but I'm planning on advertising in the next edition.