Plans for Christmas and New Year?

Rochen

So what has everyone got planned for this festive season? :)

Personally, I am attending a friends birthday bash on Christmas Eve in St Andrews, with the family on Christmas Day and then going to a friend's who is hosting a New Year's gathering to see in 2006. I also have a friend from the US coming over for New Year. We all went to the Edinburgh Street Party (the largest Hogmanay Party in Europe I have heard) last year, but it didn't meet our expectations, so we are giving it a miss this year. Between all of this I will no doubt be working a few extra support shifts over the holidays to give our staff some extra time with their friends and faimly.

Merry Christmas to everyone and I hope you all have a fantastic New Year! :)

- Chris

Last edited:
The usual.
Dinner and Christmas day with family.

A few, ok several, drinks and lots of good food.

I have a lot of running around to do :)

We're having our annual dinner at my wife's family's place on Christmas Eve. They're Italian, so every year they have "The Feast of 7 Fishes" which includes, Smelt, Breaded Shrimp, Shrimp Scampi, Shrimp Pasta, Stuffed Squid, Anchove Spaghetti, etc, and a lot of drinking haha. Since I'm a huge seafood lover, I look forward to that dinner all year long.

Then we head off to my parent's house to have a traditional American Christmas dinner (Turkey or Ham, whipped potatos, stuffing, etc).

It's a plus for all of us, because my wife, my kids and myself get to hang out with everyone, and the bonus is, we get gifts everywhere we go lol.

After all of this, we spend a nice quiet (not so quiet anymore with 4 children ;) ) Christmas at home....dinner, gifts, etc.

Basically, we get to watch as all of the kids take all of the money we spent on toys, completely ignore their price, and play with the box instead!

All of this is one of the reasons that Christmas is such a anticipated holiday for me.

ANMMark said:
I have a lot of running around to do :)

We're having our annual dinner at my wife's family's place on Christmas Eve. They're Italian, so every year they have "The Feast of 7 Fishes" which includes, Smelt, Breaded Shrimp, Shrimp Scampi, Shrimp Pasta, Stuffed Squid, Anchove Spaghetti, etc, and a lot of drinking haha. Since I'm a huge seafood lover, I look forward to that dinner all year long.

Then we head off to my parent's house to have a traditional American Christmas dinner (Turkey or Ham, whipped potatos, stuffing, etc).

It's a plus for all of us, because my wife, my kids and myself get to hang out with everyone, and the bonus is, we get gifts everywhere we go lol.

After all of this, we spend a nice quiet (not so quiet anymore with 4 children ;) ) Christmas at home....dinner, gifts, etc.

Basically, we get to watch as all of the kids take all of the money we spent on toys, completely ignore their price, and play with the box instead!

All of this is one of the reasons that Christmas is such a anticipated holiday for me.

You lucky guy...all that shrimp talk is making my mouth drool :laugh:...I'm a shrimp eater I love shrimp :D. As for me I don't celebrate X-mas but I will be packing to come back to the U.S. from my month long trip in the UK. I heard there are going to be strikes on Boxing Day (day after X-Mas here)...I hope they seriously do not cut off my travel plans. I also came back from London last night...my goodness it is wonderful. For some reason it seemed much better the second time around :D.

Never ate shrimp, anchovy, nor squid. They're "discovery channel" material for me. :)

Christmas... just me... with my parents, and I think for the first time ever since he was born, without my little brother. He left for the US. He's getting married there, so I guess he's not that little anymore. :)

New Year... Partying with my friends. I'm not much of a drinker, but I can eat, so I'll do just that. :D

Dan, you've never had shrimp?
Is this an availability issue? Or do you just not like seafood.

Dan, you've never had shrimp?
Is this an availability issue? Or do you just not like seafood.
Neither actually. But this kind of food is very rarely on the menu around here, at least in the places I think I can afford.

There are many strange things around here: imagine that my parents have never ever tasted a McDonald's hamburger (though not because they couldn't afford it). :)

Last edited:
For Christmas I got a motorcycle, some cash, some ps2 games, bunch of clothes some poker gear and some more fun stuff im forgetting. What did everyone else get?