Please review our site

Hey no problem.. Glad to help you :)

guy who added the reviews mod etc, told me he did not think it was an issue as the link worked (so he knew it looked wrong). must admit i never spotted it, lesson learned if i get anyone else to do anything on the site to triple check and then triple check again to make sure it looks right

Although it's not your fault, that "allow cookies" overlay is really ugly, and it's obnoxious to have an alert box on every page. I realize you have no choice...hopefully that law will soon be repealed.

Under "Why Us" I would make the capitalization consistent - e.g., if you have "UK Based Company" then I'd have "Money Back Guarantee".

Also, on the FAQ page, are those greater-than signs before each link to an FTP client intentional or a typo?

Although it's not your fault, that "allow cookies" overlay is really ugly, and it's obnoxious to have an alert box on every page. I realize you have no choice...hopefully that law will soon be repealed.
I am waiting for a reply from the developer to see if the annoying popup can be stopped. i cant see how anyone can police this daft policy.

Under "Why Us" I would make the capitalization consistent - e.g., if you have "UK Based Company" then I'd have "Money Back Guarantee".
dont have a "why us" page so not idea what you are on about. please provide link or page html title

Also, on the FAQ page, are those greater-than signs before each link to an FTP client intentional or a typo?

sorted a typo

guy who added the reviews mod etc, told me he did not think it was an issue as the link worked (so he knew it looked wrong). must admit i never spotted it, lesson learned if i get anyone else to do anything on the site to triple check and then triple check again to make sure it looks right

You are absolutely right.. we should always triple check to make sure everything looks right. Anyways, you should also ask the guy who added the button to be careful next time :rolleyes:

As many others have stated it loaded slow for me too.

Try compress your images, Hopefully that will shave some of the loading time away. Shame to see you using a WHMCS theme instead of a custom and unique design.

As many others have stated it loaded slow for me too.

Try compress your images, Hopefully that will shave some of the loading time away. Shame to see you using a WHMCS theme instead of a custom and unique design.

nothing wrong with load times, from the UK to the server in Chicago. also nothing wrong with the sites theme

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.2.9200]
(c) 2012 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\>ping niceday-hosting.co.uk

Pinging niceday-hosting.co.uk [50.31.98.200] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 50.31.98.200: bytes=32 time=119ms TTL=51
Reply from 50.31.98.200: bytes=32 time=118ms TTL=51

Ping statistics for 50.31.98.200:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 118ms, Maximum = 119ms, Average = 118ms

nothing wrong with load times, from the UK to the server in Chicago. also nothing wrong with the sites theme

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.2.9200]
(c) 2012 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\>ping niceday-hosting.co.uk

Pinging niceday-hosting.co.uk [50.31.98.200] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 50.31.98.200: bytes=32 time=119ms TTL=51

Ping statistics for 50.31.98.200:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 118ms, Maximum = 119ms, Average = 118ms

Pinging is the wrong test. That only tests network latency up to your NIC, not web server services. Your website can be down completely and ping may still be ok.

You need to test page load and renedering times. When you do select a tool for this you will want to distinguish between loading times and rendering times While load time measures the actual time in takes to download images, Js, CSS and other objects in to the visitors browser, render time measure the time it takes to actually process these and show their end-result to the visitor.

Nowadays with heavy use of CSS & JavaScript in web pages, the load time is not always the most accurate metric to determine delay experienced by visitors. Some external content can take many seconds to load even after the actual on-site content of a web page has already loaded.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sus123