Plesk Or WHM

illmatic

What do u like Plesk or WHM i have 3 servers i got 2 with whm and 1 with plesk could you please give me some suggestions? :dance:

illmatic said:
What do u like Plesk or WHM i have 3 servers i got 2 with whm and 1 with plesk could you please give me some suggestions? :dance:
Illmatic,

Our company started simply with WHM/Cpanel as it seemed pretty easy on navigation for the customers and our staff. Many billing products support only WHM, some are actually looking at other control panels just like Plesk.

Now with Plesk 7 Reloaded out, and Plesk 7.5 Reloaded just released, more and more companies that provide you with utilities scripts and software are looking much closer at Plesk, because of the control panels security and many options. Sure, not as many options as Cpanel, but more and more coming our way.

Simply compare Plesk 7 Reloaded and Plesk 7.5. Much more improvement and more features. Since having our customers on WHM, we very closely looked at Plesk, before decision. After months and months, decision was made for Plesk, Management decided and it was done.

To honestly tell you, 95% of our customers like Plesk much better than WHM, i'm pretty sure becuase it has a windows like look and feel. Even without the 50 Fantastico Scripts or features our type of customers never even used that many, 1 or 2 scripts maybe. Most want to simply have an easy way of setting up e-mail accounts, autoresponders, manage files in file managers, etc.

Hope the above help you make a decision, but I'm simply only one at this point answering this post, you'll get more. Judge it than, do a research a little too.

Ohh do not forget, before you decide on control panel, please make sure you can support it 90%. Looks bad if a customer asks you a question he knows the answer to, but when he asks you, you or your staff can't answer it. :) just a note, not to offend you at all.

I agree with those comments about Plesk, they are becoming a really strong player. Used to be customers demanded cPanel, now more and more are starting to prefer Plesk. I have used both, and they they both are great control panels. Cpanel has a tendancy to be a bit more buggy imo, but i still prefer it :)

I like WHM/cPanel. I haven't had any experience with Plesk. I find WHM and cPanel very easy to use and they both have a simple interface. They have not given me any problems and for now, I'd probably recommend WHM/cPanel. If I have a chance to use Plesk, I'll give you my feedback. Hope this helped a little.

Ohh do not forget, before you decide on control panel, please make sure you can support it 90%. Looks bad if a customer asks you a question he knows the answer to, but when he asks you, you or your staff can't answer it.

While I agree with knowing your control panel, for support reasons, the above scenerio seems like a waste of a support technicians time "Asking questions they already know the answer to."

In any case, we use CPanel/WHM, and find that it has done very well for us. Very little issues, and the customers love the interface.

I have Plesk experience did not like it that much it was hard for users

I use cpanel and i have say its easy to get around

I love cpanel/WHM

:agree:

Though we use cPanel/WHM, the copy account functionality keeps getting worse and worse. I'm not entirely sure about Plesk - but that's all I can say about cPanel/WHM. I've submitted support requests with cPanel and they tend to go silent when it comes to questions/problems with account transfers.

Roj

We use Plesk on our windows boxes and cPanel on the linux and this configuration seems to work the greatest for our customers even tho we haev seem to have spent more money on cPanel because of Fantastico and rvskins

We'll also be using Plesk on our Windows boxes when we roll that out. I hear some fine things about Reloaded!

Roj

Apples and Oranges ....

WHM was the standard ofr ages.. I stick with it becuase Customers love it, its easy to keep updated, the automation is awesome, has more features than anything else out there, and the skins look great. Downside ... more features = more holes :( .. seems we are always patching up security risks.

Plesk is catching up with WHM, alot of customers are starting to like it better. But I still don't think it will take the top spot from whm anytime soon.

illmatic : IMO: More customers want cPanel and will only go with cPanel.

We use Ensim 3.1, PRO, and cPanel

Regards,

Sid

I like WHM/CPanel better then all the current CPs out there... Mostly because of its great powers and easy management. Plesk barly has ANY options at all.

WHM/cPanel almost every potential customer they ask do you have cPanel. Just makes it a simple decision to stick with WHM/cPanel