Polurnet

dvduval

Hello, I decided to give Polurnet a try. So far, my experience has been good, and a young man was kind enough to help me move over my domains, as I am trying to get off of a dedicated server.

I've heard some reports that they were a little overly enthusiastic about getting reviews, and I saw a thread was locked over on the "other" forum, so I didn't think it would be good to bring it up over there.

So now I am here!

Any comments?

Have you completely moved all your sites over? The link in your sig still points to site5.com.

Vito

You should take the time to read that "other" thread. You'll find a lot of "interesting" stuff.

dvduval, as Vito point out, what is the domain that you host with them presently? phplinkdirectory.com points to Site5.

If something works out to your liking, I suggest sticking with a company for as long as they can sustain your satisfaction.

Best,

Hmm. Curious. He comes back to start another thread, then leaves, but doesn't reply to the queries in this one... :confused:

Vito

Kind of like this hit and run?

http://www.hostingdiscussion.com/we...t-com-excellent-reliable-hosting-company.html

Indeed...but he does have a site hosted at polurnet...
ballroomtechnique.com
via nsglobalhost--->WHich gives PolurNets link...
http://nsglobalhost.net/
If you came here to report a domain that's being hosted with nsglobalhost.net, please use the following contact methods:

1) Abuse Department: abuse@nsglobalhost.net
2) Support/Sales/Other: support@polurnet.com

If you have further questions, please feel free to let us know or visit http://www.polurnet.com for more information.

BUT!!
Expiration Date: 2006-05-13
Creation Date: 2005-05-13
Last Update Date: 2006-02-07

So now that you've been hosted for 5 days....might I suggest you take some time before you review your host...or did they just happend to send you this way as well (perhaps for some nice incentives?)?

Last edited:
Dear me, why does anyone bother to post about us here, it's like asking for a war... people here are partial to certain hosts, so it's not a good idea to post something good about anyone, brings trouble!

He's a long time WHT member, much longer than we were established: http://webhostingtalk.com/member.php?u=22212

As you can see his last login was Feb 13, give this member a chance to reply when he's back, he's not like you guys, available 24/7 on this forum. He made a similar post about his choices here: http://webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=486455

In any case, just to clarify, here's his main site:
http://phplinkdirectory.com/ (NOT hosted with us)

Some of the domains hosted with us is:

incorporateforums.com
searchsavvy.org
baseballnotes.com
buyticketseasy.com
and others as well, he's got a rather big reseller with us

If you think I'd even bother to ask customers to post, you better get real. I have no idea why you're stuck on some consipiracy theory, indeed the last place we'd like someone to post about us is on HD, after seeing the type of people that most frequently visit the forum here.

Seriously, if you search his posts on WHT, which obviously you didn't do, he likes to try different hosts, and have multiple of them for his sites. He's recommended Site5 frequently, I guess they give him incentives??! (oh wait, Senad has a ready-made answer for this I bet!)

Good riddance to pseudo-investigators, they never do their research unfortunately...

PS Senad: Seriously, go back to square one and learn to read properly. His first post states this:

Hello, I decided to give Polurnet a try.

Does that mean he's been with us for 9 months or something and wanted to comment? He stated he's trying us out, and posted after reading a certain thread in which you made and locked, and thus was wondering what's up with it...

Last edited:
PolurNET said:
Dear me, why does anyone bother to post about us here, it's like asking for a war... people here are partial to certain hosts, so it's not a good idea to post something good about anyone, brings trouble!

He's a long time WHT member, much longer than we were established: http://webhostingtalk.com/member.php?u=22212

As you can see his last login was Feb 13, give this member a chance to reply when he's back, he's not like you guys, available 24/7 on this forum. He made a similar post about his choices here: http://webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=486455

incorporateforums.com
searchsavvy.org
baseballnotes.com
buyticketseasy.com

If you think I'd even bother to ask customers to post, you better get real. I have no idea why you're stuck on some consipiracy theory, indeed the last place we'd like someone to post about us is on HD, after seeing the type of people that most frequently visit the forum here.

Seriously, if you search his posts on WHT, which obviously you didn't do, he likes to try different hosts, and have multiple of them for his sites. He's recommended Site5 frequently, I guess they give him incentives??! (oh wait, Senad has a ready-made answer for this I bet!)

Good riddance to pseudo-investigators, they never do their research unfortunately...

PS Senad: Seriously, go back to square one and learn to read properly. His first post states this:

Does that mean he's been with us for 9 months or something and wanted to comment? He stated he's trying us out, and posted after reading a certain thread in which you made and locked, and thus was wondering what's up with it...

Conspiracy? I think not. The only conspiracy we can discuss is the one you placed by failing to address key question. Many points were proven and you just refuted them (even though there was proof) without any basis or counter evidence. That looks like a guilty man walking PolurNet. I thought you said you didn't have time to answer questions? Hmmmm....? Yet you do now when it comes to a different issues? Another one of your attempts to side step the many issues and LIES you place upon communities and potential customers. :rolleyes2.

Suggestion: Why don't YOU go BACK and read your ANSWERS that CHANGE from TIME to TIME AGAIN and AGAIN and the QUESIONS that YOU did not answer as of yet which, as you have stated, REFUSE to answer because there are no more excuses I guess?

Last edited:
PolurNET said:

I usually don't say this, but you are a flat out liar my friend.
Surely after all that has been posted on this forum you don't expect anyone to be gullible enough to believe you don't ask customers to post reviews.

vito said:
Hmm. Curious. He comes back to start another thread, then leaves, but doesn't reply to the queries in this one... :confused:

Vito

Actually, my site5 server went down today (welchanos) so that is why I was not around. Sorry about that. www.baseballstatistics.net is an example. I have a reseller account with about 12 domains there.

The reason that I signed up with Polurnet is because a member of my forum at www.phplinkdirectory.com/forum is also an employee of Polurnet. He is a 17 year old from New Jersey, and has been very helpful to me (pre-Polurnet). He has even offered free hosting for phpLD sites (just small accounts). He told me he would help me move my sites that I am trying to get off of a dedicated server before the next billing date, and he followed through (about 70%) with that promise.

I am not here to support or speak against Polurnet at this point. As noted earlier, I use several hosts. I just wanted learn a little more. Hopefully, I will be able to give Polurnet a good review down the road.

While it's not too huge of a deal, I think it was a little rude to go tracing all my domains and posting them here on the forums. Yes, a good researcher could find them, but I'm not clear why you felt it was necessary to post these on the forum. For me, leave it as is, but do you do this to everyone?

Last edited:
dvduval said:
I think it was a little rude to go tracing all my domains and posting them here on the forums. Yes, a good researcher could find them, but I'm not clear why you felt it was necessary to post these on the forum. For me, leave it as is, but do you do this to everyone?
I do not think it was rude at all. Where is the rudeness? Your closing statement in the first post was: "Any comments?" Sure there was plenty, especially that you have not provided any information that is verifiable with a good review.

I have nothing against good reviews, but we do this with everyone who arrives at HostingDiscussion.com and post a review (good or bad) as starting activity. We have no preferences in the hosting world, so even if a review is a bad one, there is space for discussion whether it has substance. So we will try to verify that one as well.

You can probably see where the problem arises - there have been too many good and bad fake reviews, so we have no other option than to influence authors of such posts for some hard data that supports their claims.

Best,

If someone's activity is questionable, I'm not sure that logic would say that it okay to publish information about them without their permission. It's your forum and you can certainly do as you wish, but you may just make new members uncomfortable, when their intent was to be helpful, or just ask a question.

Could you elaborate which "sensitve" information was distributed? Ours or the ones PolurNet posted?

If somebody's activity is questionable I think it would be only logical to do some research and share what you have. No private or personal data was given out in regards to you. Since you have written reviews before I would suspect that you, by now especially after being a user at WHT) would know that it is a requirement almost certainly to post the domain name that you have hosted with that company. Not doing so looks very suspicious and almost any community would do research on it.

If you are so concerned with one of your domains being posted by us then you certainly are more concerned in regards to PolurNet posting several of your domains correct? I fail to see how this is not a double standard (you oppose the community doing research after no information was given by your account yet you show no outrage with PolurNet making the same post). Actually I'd be more opposed with the entire thread made by PolurNet as a customer since he is releasing information that can be deemed private and sensitive. Does his privacy policy not state that no information will be given to anybody about the client after all?

PolurNET said:

incorporateforums.com
searchsavvy.org
baseballnotes.com
buyticketseasy.com

dvduval said:
If someone's activity is questionable, I'm not sure that logic would say that it okay to publish information about them without their permission. It's your forum and you can certainly do as you wish, but you may just make new members uncomfortable, when their intent was to be helpful, or just ask a question.
There was less logic in a review with not one domain name attached to it for verification purposes.
Your web sites are publicly displayed in your signature. Domain WhoIs is publicly available data. This forum is public. So what permission were you looking for us to get?

By the way, those who are uncomfortable in the face of honesty, I noticed, do not hang around for a long time. That's why our community has grown so much based on values not comprehensible by other communities. We are just doing what a community is supposed to do - consistently improving it. :)

This, however, I would be more concerned about:
Senad said:
Could you elaborate which "sensitve" information was distributed? Ours or the ones PolurNet posted?

Empathy for what?
You claim to be offended that people on a "public" forum would disclose somehow private and personal information and yet the host you are PAYING money to which supposedly has a privacy policy in place is giving out as much or more "private" information and you don't seem to have an issue with it.

Could it be that you and your host have some sort of agreement? Perhaps you were "directed" to this forum by said host to post your positive review?