[POPULAR SITE] Need Sponsored Hosting

Status
Not open for further replies.

BdSOwner

Hello,

Let me tell you the whole story first. BoredomSucks.NET was a popular community and many people depended on it to cure their boredom. A couple of months ago the company that was hosting us decided to not be much of a host.

We were originally hosting off of my friend's account and it was great until the point of disaster. ALL the data that was on his account was gone and we still can't get anything out of the account besides hosting the main account domain. Needless to say ALL of our data was lost and now all we have are the source files/images/old backups.

I get instant messages from people asking when BdS is coming back. They say they miss it and really depended on it. I can't afford any hosting money but I really do enjoy maintaining a web site. I want to give these people somewhere to go when their bored because I usually am one of those people.

What do we need?
What we need is a PHP server with atleast 1 MySQL database. Our traffic was pretty high but I really can't recall what it was when I was running it. Here is a link to an old tracker that was previously on the web site though. (http://extremetracking.com/open;unique?login=pseudory) I don't know how to read the tracking details on there but I can say after I took over the traffic grew alot more.

I'm not too sure how much space or bandwidth we'll need but I can tell you that we had visitors to the web site on a daily basis.

What is Boredom Sucks?
Boredom Sucks is a collection of links to visit when you're bored. Includes brief abstracts for selected sites.

We plan on redueing the entire code (which i have started doing) and design; which you can be viewed here. This is just one idea we have for the design. Although all of our data was lost we plan on starting from scratch and using backup sql files.

What can we do for you?
I will offer PHP/MySQL services as a source of graditude and also a banner on the web site. I am certified in PHP and I am able to do some graphic design. Whatever we can negociate will be fine in exchange for sponsored hosting.

I hope I have answered all the information needed to get sponsored hosting. I'd like to thank hostingdiscussion.com for providing a forum for this kind of service.

Thanks,
Adrian

Note: You may reply/private message/instant message.

AIM: directWDcom
Alternate Email: contact[at]centexpits.com

Status
Not open for further replies.