Question about GODADDY Hosting

MeDo4eVeR

Hey every body
i don't know if this is the right place of My question or not
if not iam so sorry :uhh:

I just wanna know is godaddy's web hosting is good or not
Honestly it's cheap and great :D but all i wanna know if it's good or NOT ...

And Thanx :thumbup:

I don't have experience with GoDaddy, so I cannot comment if they are good or not, but I do know their prices are VERY cheap, yet they do have the money and infrastructure to sustain their business...

To be completely honest, I have used godaddy and I have been very unhappy with this host.

Why?

Godaddy wants to charge way more for their services than other host and do not give you near the resources that another host may provide. Godaddy does not allow you to control many aspects of your server that other hosts allow you to. I have been disapointed with this host.

I hope you understand that cheap and good cannot be put together. And what is cheap for you? $1/mo maybe $100/mo we do not know. If you like the company you have mentored - give a try. I believe they have support forum (the best place to get in touch with real customers)
Good luck

Hi there.
I also do not have experience with GoDaddy, but I'm new to this share hosting thing (as of this labor day weekend). I actually posted a similar question on the thread above.

To share my 2 days of experience: I did a lot of research, and ended up going with Namecheap.com for domain name and shared hosting. It's only $3/month, and they give you 250GB bandwidth, 5GB space, webmail, and c-panel w/ fantastico.

I had no idea what c-panel and fantastico is before, but after playing with it, I like it. I don't know what other hosting companies provide instead of fantastico - or if those substitutes are just as good?

Namecheap has really slow webmail, but I don't know if that's typical of shared hosting. My small website itself is ok - I can download large pictures quickly. But pages that use WordPress, where the server has to do the work of performing SQL queries and forming the html on the run - those pages are slower to respond. Again, I don't know if that performance is typical of shared hosting like GoDaddy.

Hope someone with more experience will share! Especially about the speed of GoDaddy webmail.

Sorry I hi-jacked your thread a little.

edit: I also found a coupon code for namecheap.com. Google search and you'll find it too.

Last edited:
Thanx

Thanx Guys 4 ur great HELP
i dont now how to thank you

alimister

Hi there.
I also do not have experience with GoDaddy, but I'm new to this share hosting thing (as of this labor day weekend). I actually posted a similar question on the thread above.

To share my 2 days of experience: I did a lot of research, and ended up going with Namecheap.com for domain name and shared hosting. It's only $3/month, and they give you 250GB bandwidth, 5GB space, webmail, and c-panel w/ fantastico.

I had no idea what c-panel and fantastico is before, but after playing with it, I like it. I don't know what other hosting companies provide instead of fantastico - or if those substitutes are just as good?

Namecheap has really slow webmail, but I don't know if that's typical of shared hosting. My small website itself is ok - I can download large pictures quickly. But pages that use WordPress, where the server has to do the work of performing SQL queries and forming the html on the run - those pages are slower to respond. Again, I don't know if that performance is typical of shared hosting like GoDaddy.

Hope someone with more experience will share! Especially about the speed of GoDaddy webmail.

edit: I also found a coupon code for namecheap.com. Google search and you'll find it too.

Thanks to you man

No proplem

Thanx 4 U all

In my opninion,Godaddy is a great domain registrar,but not so good hosting provider
That might be correct. I just want to add that one comany can't be good for everyone and some people like your servers and some not. That might be the reason.

I worked on a client's website once that was hosted on GoDaddy. I didn't like the user interface at all - overly complex and visually confusing. I hear that a lot of people use them for registering domain names, and that they can be pretty good for that (I use name.com myself), but that they aren't very good at hosting.

If you're looking for inexpensive hosting, then I would recommend that you figure out first exactly what features you need, and then go through and make a list of the hosts that have all the features you need. Do a quick search on each one to see if they get good or bad reviews, and then for the top couple hosts, contact their customer support to see exactly what their customer service is like. If you take the time to do this process properly, you'll avoid the headaches that so many people get after they've signed up for a crappy hosting company.

I think that Godaddy is the company where you can buy rather cheap domains or some other products( SSL certificates for example).

They don't have so powerful servers to provide hosting :)

I don't know and dind't get interested in their configuration, but all my friends who used Godaddy as a hosting provider were always complaying that Godaddy servers couldn't handle their sites properly:)

It is fair because my friends used them and I trust my friends, so there is no speculation.What is your opinion about Godaddy hosting?

It is fair because my friends used them and I trust my friends, so there is no speculation.What is your opinion about Godaddy hosting?

I suppose they're a good company. They're cheap and that's appealing to many but beyond that I don't have much to say about them.