Question about Livezilla

shockym

Has anyone been inside the chat and someone came in with their language set not to English (I had one come in yesterday who spoke German, which my German is quite rusty).

Is there any way known that it can translate for me back to English when the other person is typing in another language than English?

I am waiting to hear back from them so I thought I would try here. It did throw me off guard though, had the guy not spoke English we would have just sat there while I had egg on my face. :D

Please post their response on here as I am curious about that as well. I think I've had every language spoken to me and sometimes I don't think the translators provided online do the best job and it makes me look ... not so smart.

Thanks!

This is a very interesting topic, especially now that we have noticed a torrent of Dutch and Swedish visitors via statistics and livezilla however as I have a personal Swedish but fluent English friend we decided to put some of the translators to the test... the results very but the word of advice would be to hire someone to handle support in those languages if you wish to enter those regions.

It also begs the question that if you provide multilingual website versions, how do you provide support in their language? Is support English only?

It also begs the question that if you provide multilingual website versions, how do you provide support in their language? Is support English only?

That's a interesting question, I see lot of companies who shows their websites with flags representing languages, most of them don't offer support in those languages.

So I don't know why do they do that..

We just copy and paste our chat into www.freetranslation.com. Its not the best sentence structure, but least we understand each other, and its free. Altho some languages translate very differant word for word back into english....bangladesh and russian...impossible

We use it ..but I dont think they offer any kind of translator integrated in there chat software.. you need to use google translator itself in this case.

We really try to make every concession for our clients, but if they straight up don't speak English, we will just loose that client (I hate doing that!). As csn-uk alluded to, if we can't work out a sales deal in English, there is no way we will be able to provide the high quality support that distinguishes us from other hosts...and it's best the client finds a host that is able to communicate with them.

Well it never happened to me though, but you can always use online translators. But there might be some problems with grammars and sentence structure.