Quick loading on dialup

Yes, in designing a website, we should keep in mind that some internet users are still using dial up connections. I cannot find a dial up connection to test my website, so I just try to keep it as light as possible.

This is very true. But is 2010. If people still have dial up then they are not actively on the internet. This means that these people will highly unlikely visit your site.

Since the economy has progressively gotten worse, more and more people have been going back to dial-up to save money.

So it's kind of a good idea to make your site user friendly for slow connection users.

There is no way I'll ever go back to dial-up though. I've been spoiled with broadband too long. :D

This is very true. But is 2010. If people still have dial up then they are not actively on the internet. This means that these people will highly unlikely visit your site.
You would think this would be true, but some folks don't have that option yet, and are very much on the Internet. Again, all this goes back to what your target audience is.