Recommendations on speeding up a WordPress Site

ComputeAxis

Hi,

I am looking for ways to speed up my wordpress site

Currently I am using LiteSpeed and WP Smush, and my load times are pretty good.

I am also minifying all CSS and JS using CloudFlare.

Does anyone have any other recommendations.
My sites load times are 627ms

I see you are already using image compression (although I hear TinyPNG is doing a fine job as well).

Have you considered object caching in addition to LiteSpeed, like Redis, Object Cache Pro? And if you used NGINX instead, PHP-FPM would have been an option.

I've read about how Edge Caching improves real world performance of sites by 50-80%, but that would be a bit too expensive to implement.

Hey, I do utilize object caching via Redis.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-12-30 at 12.06.44 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-12-30 at 12.06.44 AM.png
    144.1 KB · Views: 1
You can remove unnecessary plugins, themes, and files that are no longer in use, This will help reduce server load and improve your overall site performance. Also, consider utilizing a CDN like CloudFlare or MaxCDN.

Make sure you use webp and avif for your images. If you are uploading png, jpg etc. use a wordpress plugin that will automatically convert them to webp or avif. avif is preferred but usually is not free.

Make sure you use webp and avif for your images. If you are uploading png, jpg etc. use a wordpress plugin that will automatically convert them to webp or avif. avif is preferred but usually is not free.
I think he is already using an image optimization plugin called Smush. Can't have too many plugins doing the work, it'll be counterproductive.

If you own the server, you can switch to Litespeed webserver. Litespeed is fast and gives better performance. Other than this check the PHP and like other mentioned already, use CDN. Try to avoid animation themes or use less animation.

One key question is; what is the speed of your website now? Is it your home page having issues, or an internet page? Where is your target audience and does it load fast from their location?

Speed is all good and well, but if you're at 95% optimization score, squeezing the juce to get to 96% often times isn't worth it.

Heck, even some sites at 60% optimization on desktop and 90% on mobile is often OK if your audience is mobile.

A good web host can provide fast infrastructure, better security, and reliable uptime. Make sure to pick a web host that has servers closest to your target audience. Code optimization can help make your website faster. You can use a tool like Google PageSpeed Insights to identify any issues with your website's code and then make the necessary changes. By implementing these tips, you can speed up your WordPress site and improve user experience.

Make sure all your plugins are good ones and well developed.
I have currently 15 plugins in a wordpress page and the website loads super fast (shared hosting). While in another website i had only 5 and it was super slow.(some random's plugin fault).

If using Litespeed, my experience use lscache and redis save php/db processing that make site more responsive

One of my WordPress website taking 17 seconds to load. So I found two issues in my website.

After many hours, I discovered that if I renamed the plugins folder, the load time reduces to 6 seconds.

Remove any plugins you have, and do not use simple plugins such as Google Analytics. Instead, add your code in the header file of your theme. Only use required plugins.

Second issue I found that a widget was causing an issue. I discovered that one link was taking a long time to load an image from a third-party website. So I removed that link from my widget, and now the load time is reduced to 2 or 2.x seconds.

Apart from this, I started using a CDN for loading CSS/JavaScript scripts and some big images but it does not effect too much on speed. Only noticeable by speed tester but not by me.