Registrar Lock in Directi?

bandboy

I have reseller from Directi and there is registrar lock option for every domain bought thru me.

If i place a registrar lock, will it disable transfer of domain only or even change of Name servers and other details?

I would not tamper with the settings of your customers. Rather, you can send out a newsletter reminding your customers of recommended practices.

Hi,

If the domain is locked, It will niether allow you to transfer the domain nor allow you to change the other settings..... :santa:

I've never really used it, but I do know it will STOP and PROTECT your domain, from any transfer hijacking. I'm not sure about the nameservers... so you might have to look into that. I think you shouldn't lock your customers names, but it's a good thing to lock your OWN domains for sure. Some domain registrars have it as a default option too, it's basically to protect you and your domains.

Most registrars will offer you protection from unauthorized transfers. In most cases you will not be able to change any domain details if you lock your domain.

bandboy said:
I have reseller from Directi and there is registrar lock option for every domain bought thru me.

If i place a registrar lock, will it disable transfer of domain only or even change of Name servers and other details?

This option is for master lock once you get it done no one can change any settings in domains, neither with control panel and if you want to unlock then you have to contact your service provider.Normally used by customers for security purpose as domain transfer is not at all possible after this.

You will be unable to transfer away or change details for most domains when they are locked, but bear in mind, some ccTLDs, like .US, do not recognize domain locking.