Relationships

Harry

Has anyone here gone through break up or relationships that have ended? Mines ended last week and I think I'm just about over it, but it's been tough. You don't eat as well.. sleep as well and the worst, you can't think clearly...

Anyone else been through it? I honestly don't even feel like working etc... etc.. it's been really rough lately. :(

and the worst, you can't think clearly...
Stop caring, and the fog that clouds your mind will magically disappear. Easier said than done though.

Time heals all wounds.

I agree completly. Just stop caring and move on. If they call up for something just say your busy and dont call.

After a bit of time, all is good :)

Has anyone here gone through break up or relationships that have ended? Mines ended last week and I think I'm just about over it, but it's been tough. You don't eat as well.. sleep as well and the worst, you can't think clearly...

Anyone else been through it? I honestly don't even feel like working etc... etc.. it's been really rough lately. :(
It's tough to get over a relationship, to be sure. And the longer the relationship, the tougher it is.

Having said that, if you are convinced that it was the right thing to end it, you now have to occupy your mind with things that will distract you from thinking of the breakup. When you wake up, write down a checklist of things to do for the day, and try to focus on the list. The key is to distract yourself with other things.

Good luck. I know it is tough now, but time has a funny way of healing the hurt...

Vito

It is an extremely difficult thing to deal with sometimes. I know the feeling of not wanting to eat, sleep, work. Everything begins to weigh on your mind.

Sometimes you have to stop caring, or at least pretend to, in order to move on.

I will have to say though, that time doesn't "always" heal it. Sometimes it feels like it has gone away, but the mere mention of their name, running across an old photo, seeing them in passing, etc, brings back a flood of emotion that makes it feel like it just happened yesterday, all over again.

This is even worse, because the worse feeling is not the breakup, but the feeling of "what might have been".

Allow time to heal as much of it as time can, and as suggested, try to do things that distract you from thinking about it, even when you don't feel like it.

It's tough to get over a relationship, to be sure. And the longer the relationship, the tougher it is.

Having said that, if you are convinced that it was the right thing to end it, you now have to occupy your mind with things that will distract you from thinking of the breakup. When you wake up, write down a checklist of things to do for the day, and try to focus on the list. The key is to distract yourself with other things.

Good luck. I know it is tough now, but time has a funny way of healing the hurt...

Vito
I never ended it...

I mean it was out of no where, and I was excited to see her. Little did I know what she had to tell me would hurt me.

It's been tough to get over it, but I think after over 1 week now, I feel like I'm slowly healing. We've known each other for over 2 years now.

Basically she told me she found someone else and that she KNOWS what Love feels like... She also stated that she wants to marry this guy, whom she's known for less than 5 months.

It sort of came out of no where and it hit me hard. I NEVER at one point expected something like this would happen, I mean we were VERY close.

Also, seeing her pictures with her new boy friend also hurt at first. I guess it's tough to move on, because we were that close and I hate to admit it or sound crazy, but I honestly think I loved her. It's just a bad timing though, especially with christmas and new years arriving shortly.

BTW, thanks for the support everyone, I really appreciate it a lot.

It is an extremely difficult thing to deal with sometimes. I know the feeling of not wanting to eat, sleep, work. Everything begins to weigh on your mind.

Sometimes you have to stop caring, or at least pretend to, in order to move on.

I will have to say though, that time doesn't "always" heal it. Sometimes it feels like it has gone away, but the mere mention of their name, running across an old photo, seeing them in passing, etc, brings back a flood of emotion that makes it feel like it just happened yesterday, all over again.

This is even worse, because the worse feeling is not the breakup, but the feeling of "what might have been".

Allow time to heal as much of it as time can, and as suggested, try to do things that distract you from thinking about it, even when you don't feel like it.
Just wanted to add to the ""what might have been" part.

All I can say is I AGREE completely. I've been thinking about that all of last week. I just think it's a phase she's stuck in. She feel a bit more flattered, because she has a guy, who can be there more often then I was able too. She's 18 and yet wants to get married to someone, who she barely knows. I don't think it's love she feels, it's just that she HAS someone physically when needed.

Well I know that feeling as well.

however, this has a few stages. Right now, it's between a denial/resentment stage.

That is a feeling I know very well. Probably more right now, than anyone can imagine.

I'm sure that anyone here is open to talk if you need it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sus123