Relaxed host with 3-5Gb disk space and 20+Gb bandwidth

Status
Not open for further replies.

trionic

I need a host for two thing: website (HTML, images and the odd video) and for storing files which are linked to from elsewhere (mainly from discussion forums, will contain big images, some video). MOST of the disk space would be taken up by files which are linked to externally.

There are no copyright/adult/whatever issues with the content.

The host must have a relaxed policy to the hosted files. I often see rules such as "(a) 85% of the hosted files must be directly linked from the website", "(b) we release your 20Gb disk space in 1Gb blocks providing (a) has been met", limits on the *number* of files which can be uploaded in total or in one session, file upload limits on FTP, etc etc etc.

What I need is a host without those restrictions. Simple, easy, quick hosting. There'd be no risk that I'd abuse the hosting service.

No less than 3Gb disk space and no less than 30Gb bandwidth. FTP accounts, lots of POP3 boxes, perhaps Telnet/SSH (optional), sub-domains and a decent control panel. Also interested in possibility of pointing three domains at one website.

I already have a domain, which I'd be transferring.

Who can help?

I'll need to know about ALL restrictions which would be in place on the hosting and also to see evidence of that in your AUP/T&C.

Thanks!

Trionic,
We can match your request of 3GB space and 30GB monthly transfer for $12.95/month
Or we can bump it up to 5GB of space and 50GB of monthly transfer for $19.95/month.

The only restriction we will have is that the files are legally yours to distribute, and as you cleared that up it looks like we should be good to go as far as transfer is concerned.

Your account would come with addon/sub domains, cPanel, and unlimited FTP/E-mail accounts. We offer free daily backups and PayPal is accepted (we also run recurring credit card payments through 2CheckOut. Your choice.).

If you are interested feel free to contact me personally, as this is a custom quote. Have a great day Trionic!

Regards,

A few of our hosting plans will fill your request. We have no restrictions on files as long as they are legal files. If you have any questions on this you can contact any of our staff. Here are the plans that might suit your needs:

Silver Plan: 3000mb space, 45GB bandwidth, and 5 addon domains for $7.99/m
Gold Plan: 5000mb space, 75GB bandwidth, and 10 addon domains for $15.99/m

All accounts include 24/7 Support(live chat, phone, and helpdesk), 99.9% uptime guarantee, 30 day money back guarantee, cisco certified technicians, and much more.

If you need any further information please feel free to contact our staff or you can reach me personally at kevin@x9hosting.com :)

Hi trionic,

TJR Networks can offer you 3000MB of space and 80GB transfer per month for US$19.99 per month. Our packages include PHP and mySQL support, CPanel with RVSkins, Fantastico, Spam Assassin and more. All of our hosting plans now include a 99.9% uptime guarantee and a 15 day no questions asked money back guarantee. Our TOS can be viewed here.

If you have any queries about this offer, please feel free to contact us via PM, email or post a message in the 'Pre-Sales Questions' section of our support forums. :)

Hello trionic

Hostton.com would like to offer you as below:

Budget-5GB
Space: 5GB
Bandwidth: 50GB
Email: 100
Sub Domain: 100
Domain Parking: 5
Control Panel: DirectAdmin

Setup: Free
Price: $54.00 / year

Payment option: Paypal Only

MOD NOTE: Offer removed. Please try to match the request. Consult the Web Hosting Requests liminations for details.

We rely on your further cooperation.

heh, i guess i throw out my offer

We can offer you our Supreme plan which is of the following:

- 5,000 MB Web Space
- 100 GB Monthly Bandwidth
- Hosting for Unlimited Domains
- Unlimited POP Email Accounts
- Unlimited FTP Accounts 24x7
- Unlimited Mailing Lists
- Unlimited Auto Responders
- Unlimited E-mail Aliases
- Unlimited E-mail Forwards
- Unlimited Subdomains
- Unlimited MySQL Databases

$16.99/Monthly or $149.99/Yearly

If you have any questions, feel free to email me at tin[at]gameshowhosting.com.

Thank you for your time.

Last edited:
Hello Trionic,

Here are three plan specifications that are the closest matches to your requested needs. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me and I will do my best to help you.

(Specials, Paid Monthly)
3,000MB Storage | 60,000MB Bandwidth Transfer | $10.00 /month
4,000MB Storage | 80,000MB Bandwidth Transfer | $13.00 /month
5,000MB Storage | 100,000MB Bandwidth Transfer | $16.00 /month

(Same plans, but paid either Monthly, Quarterly, Semiyearly, or Yearly)
3,000MB Storage | 60,000MB Bandwidth Transfer | $13.00 /month
4,000MB Storage | 80,000MB Bandwidth Transfer | $16.00 /month
5,000MB Storage | 100,000MB Bandwidth Transfer | $19.00 /month

These do include capability to point three or more domains to one web site via Parked Domains within the cPanel hosting control panel that we utilize. There is a maximum limit of 100 parked domains for non-reseller accounts. If you needed to have an additional domain on its own unique web site, you may do so easily via Addon Domains within cPanel. Our non-reseller accounts include a limit of 100 Addon Domains.

Restrictions on files include those that are illegal, that you do not have explicit permission to distribute, or that compromise server security or stability (e.g. out-of-date or otherwise exploitable scripts). Storing tens of thousands of files within a single folder is not recommended and may violate the AUP only if it causes a problem.

Standard Features:
Premium Tier-1 bandwidth at The Planet and Savvis data centers in Texas, U.S.A.
Daily Backups (generated every night during early morning hours)
cPanel Control Panel + cPanel Pro Addon
RVSkin Enhanced cPanel (14 Different Themes, 23 Languages)
Server-Wide AntiSpam & AntiVirus Protection
Fantastico Deluxe (Automated Script Installers)
Anonymous DNS + Name Servers on different Class C networks.
Unlimited Subdomains
Unlimited FTP Accounts
Unlimited Databases (MySQL)
Unlimited E-mail Accounts with WebMail
FREE setup
FREE site transfer from your current host
99% Uptime Guarantee [live status report link below]
No long-term contracts
14-Day Money Back Guarantee

Forms of Support:
Instant Messengers (AIM, ICQ, MSN, Yahoo)
Toll-free phone support including 24/7 access for emergencies.

Full non-reseller plan information and feature listing:
http://www.trunetworks.com/?p=wh-info

To order:
Non-Resellers https://secure.trunetworks.com/?p=wh-order2paypal
If for some reason you cannot use PayPal we also accept credit card payments using 2Checkout; just contact us to pay through this alternate method. If you prefer not to use either PayPal or 2CO, we can also accept credit card payments via our secure/encrypted online form or over the phone with a credit card (American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa) or prepaid mailed payments via check or money order.

E-mail/contact information:
sales <AT> trunetworks.com
http://www.trunetworks.com/?p=contact
http://www.trunetworks.com/?p=staff

Public Access Community/Self-Help Forums
http://forums.trunetworks.com/
Presales section is open to anyone (no registration required).
Other areas require registration to post and/or view.

Uptime Report:
http://www.trunetworks.com/?p=uptime

Server Specifications:
O/S: RedHat Enterprise Linux or CentOS (The Community ENTerprise OS)
CPU/Processor: Dual Intel Xeon 2.8 or 3.0 GHz with HyperThreading
RAM/Memory: 2 GB ECC DDR SDRAM (minimum)
Uplink Port: 100 Mbps Full Duplex
Note: Exact specifications for all or any one server in use for our hosting services may be obtained by sending a request via e-mail or IM.

We offer best effort price matching so if you happen to find a better offer from a reputable company ask to see if we'll match or beat it.

Last edited:
Thank you all for your reponses. I'll be making a decision soon.

I do note that a lot of the offers are quite a bit more expensive than my current favourite, Cabasca (favourite because they're inexpensive and don't have any nasty catches in their AUP/T&C - unless there's stuff which they're hiding!).

The plan I was looking at was Shared3, US$5.95, 4Gb disk space 70Gb bandwidth/month.

What more would I get for the increased cost of some of the responses?

Genuinely interested... as much because I don't want to sign up to an inexpensive hosting solution which turns out to be ****ty!

trionic said:
Thank you all for your responses. I'll be making a decision soon.

I do note that a lot of the offers are quite a bit more expensive than my current favourite, Cabasca (favourite because they're inexpensive and don't have any nasty catches in their AUP/T&C - unless there's stuff which they're hiding!).

The plan I was looking at was Shared3, US$5.95, 4Gb disk space 70Gb bandwidth/month.

What more would I get for the increased cost of some of the responses?

Genuinely interested... as much because I don't want to sign up to an inexpensive hosting solution which turns out to be ****ty!
Do you need to have the guarantee that your host will never change your service plan fee unless you choose to upgrade or downgrade? According to the Terms of Service, Cabasca reserves the right to increase your service plan fees.
http://www.cabasca.com/tos.html said:
3. Payments.

(b) Fee Increases. Cabasca may increase its fees for services effective the first day of a Renewal Term by giving notice to Customer of the new fees at least twenty (20) days prior to the beginning of the Renewal Term, and if Customer does not give a notice of non-renewal as provided in Section 2 above, the Customer shall be deemed to have accepted the new fee for that Renewal Term and any subsequent Renewal Terms (unless the fees are increased in the same manner for a subsequent Renewal Term).
The following information was either missing or not readily apparent on Cabasca's web site.

Do you need the option to host or upload adult content? According to the Support page, Cabasca does not allow adult content.
http://www.cabasca.com/support.html said:
Do you allow adult content?

No at this time we do not allow adult content.
We fully allow legal adult content for which you possess the distribution rights to.

Do they offer server-wide anti-spam and anti-virus filtering? We offer complete server-wide anti-spam and anti-virus filtering which is optional, but enabled by default. In addition to this we continually do extensive research for potential security and performance enhancements, including hardware upgrades, that will benefit our clients.

Do they offer toll-free or any form of telephone support? We offer live toll-free telephone support including 24/7 access for emergencies. To add to this we also offer 24/7 support via e-mail and IM programs such as AIM, ICQ, MSN, and Yahoo.

Do they offer the latest Fantastico and cPanel add-on script installers? The cPanel add-on scripts library is currently out-of-date if a host relies solely upon the regular update channel via the cPanel developers. We go the extra step and ensure that the cPanel add-on scripts library is as up-to-date as possible with the latest installers available and not just what the cPanel developers decide they have time for.

Do they offer RV Skin-enhanced cPanel? We license the RV Skin set of cPanel styles and color themes which provide multilingual capability to your control panel offering support for 23 languages.

Will they transfer your site data free of charge? We offer a free "move in" data transfer service.

Last edited:
Oh sorry.

Personal/Business Web Hosting:

Personal/Business Plan properties

Disk Space 15000 MB
Traffic 300 GB
Domains 1
Subdomains 12
FTP Accounts 5
Mysql Databases 1
Mysql Quota 30 MB
Email addresses 100
Email Aliases 100
Emails lists 5
Cron Jobs 1
Site Studio on

» Customer Support
24/7 customer support
Extensive online documentation
Integrated ticketing system
1 hour response guarantee

» Free Features
FrontPage Extensions support
Elefante Installer - 38 FREE ready-to-use popular scripts

» Site Statistics
Raw access and error logs
Detailed bandwidth stats

» E-mail Features
SPAM filter
E-mail filter
Web e-mail
POP3 server
SMTP server
E-mail forwarding
Autoresponder e-mails
Catch-all e-mails
Anti-Virus protection

» Scripting and Database
phpMyAdmin
Perl support
PHP support
PHP support in HTML files
Over 3500 Perl modules

» Site Management Tools
Multi-Lingual Control Panel
Web based file manager
Custom ERROR 404 page
Password protected directories

» Misc Features
Instant account activation
SSL with certificate generation
SSI support
Custom MX and A records

» OS, Connectivity and Back-up
Stable Linux with Apache
2.5 GBits network connectivity
Daily data back-up
UPS & diesel back-up generator

ADDITIONAL PLAN DETAILS:

» FREE set up
» 30 days money back guarantee

Domains:

Register new domain: 4.00$ extra (USD)
Transfer domain name: 4.00$ extra (USD)
Existing Domain: FREE

Price:(Without Domain Prices)

$40.00 USD ( $3.33 US Dollars per month )
£24.80 GBP ( £2.07 Pound Sterling per month )
€36.00 EUR ( €3.00 Euros per month )
$56.00 AUD ( $4.67 Australian Dollars per month )
$50.00 CAD ( $4.17 Canadian Dollars per month )

Last edited:
Well I signed up with Cabasca because they were the cheapest but the deal seemed to be okay - no frills cheap hosting. However, the DNS propagated much quicker than I was expecting and in a rush I deleted some directories from the website root (assumed to be default page crap) which seem to have stopped the control panel from working.

A stupid and uncharacteristic mistake on my part. I emailed Cabasca two days ago about it and have yet to receive a response.

They have a fifteen day cancellation period which I may find myself making use of.

In the meantime, I have found this:
http://www.siteground.com/web_hosting.htm

The best deal so far, and I have read several good reviews and recommendations.

Cabasca have twenty-four hours to respond to my (polite and courteous) email otherwise I'll cancel the account and sign up instead with SiteGround.

In the meantime, time's running out 'cos I've had renewal notice from my current host - £80/year for 160Mb disk and 2Gb/month bandwidth :eek:

500GB traffic, 12GB space for only $5 a month, lmao good luck with that. your hosting is going to proboly suck, IMHO, if you go with them. Typical cheapest most space hosting is automatically the best...

Status
Not open for further replies.