Savvis

Dactyl

Hello everyone

I was a bit surprised not to find a topic here about the Savvis DC in Dallas, lots of web hosts use that DC, either through a reseller like layeredtech or by colocation.
What thoughts do you guys have about Savvis? in terms of quality of bandwidth, connectivity etc.
I've had a server there for more than a year, and I am very pleased with what I found.

hi,

have few info on savvis , they were one of the network backbone providers for a DC for which we are working , but they have switched to Global crossing now.

So far great experience with Savvis.

I toured that facility earlier this year. its very nice - built to the high standards back when money was no object .

word on the street is that they are nearing capacity and are now starting to raise prices since there is a lot of demand in dallas so I think they are now managing the facility for profitability . you will see that the number of web hosts in there will shrink as the price goes way up over the next 3 years.

it will become more corp type business in there in my opinion

we use their bandwidth in atlanta and are very pleased with it.

I don't think you can rate things like that. It would be different for each customer depending on their routes.