SEO sever

YoYoC

Hey, guys
Someone told me,"Seo servers are specially designed for hosts who need a lot of IP addresses without hassle." But I really don't know why they need that much IPs or someone could tell me more about SEO servers?
Thanks in advance.

I frequently see requests for SEO servers needing lots of IP addresses from different subnets, but IMHO this doesn't work to improve your ranking on Google search queries.

People believe that lots of IP addresses can be good for SEO purpsoes and this has given some companies great opportunities for success (they charge extremely high prices for something they believe they need).

Google has said it previously that IP addresses won't have a role on your SEO rankings. It is just a myth that some people believe whilst others take advantage of this and profit nicely.

Well sometimes they are really not looking for them for anything related to SEO. Many times a client intends to do fishy stuff like spam and too many IPs means he will set them to alternate so they wont get easily banned.

About the real SEO use Google maintains that however many IPs you have it wont help your SEO score

SEO with multiple IP is myth. Kindly do not believe in humors.

Yeah, you may need multiple IP in such hosting.

There is however a measurable difference when you have the correct IP geolocation for your domain.

i.e. yourdomain.de with a German IP, yourdomain.es with a Spanish IP, yourdomain.fr with a French IP etc.

Create a need, whether or not it is actually needed is irrelevant. make it so that it either wares out or is a one time use (as in the case of an dedicated ip, one per site) and you will create a exceptional revenue raiser.

Okay, so 'SEO Hosting' is a marketing term for a hosting plan that allows you to utilize many "unique" IP addresses - typically giving you a handful of IPs from unique /24's.

What someone would use SEO Hosting for is when they have multiple sites they control being used to link back to another site they own. There's no inherent ranking benefit by throwing your sites on one of these hosts, the ranking benefit comes from being able to easily manage a bunch of sites you own and have it look like they're all controlled by different people on different IPs so the links back hold a bit more weight.

So that's a primer on 'SEO Hosting' - now here's why it's a complete load of ****: The point of this hosting is to avoid footprints. You don't want Google to know that you own X, Y and Z domains and are using their link equity to rank your Domain A.

The biggest footprint these types of hosts leave is actually IP related. Generally these guys will offer "unique" IPs - but what they fail to mention is that all of those diverse looking ranges are sitting on the same ASN. So it takes a Google search quality team member to look at the ASN for a 'SEO Host' and immediately devalue any of the links from sites hosted on those ranges, pointing to other sites on those ranges.

If you want to do this smart and safely the name of the game is to blend. Go to the offers section on this forum and pick up a handful of decently priced shared accounts/VPS's for true diversity - don't waste your money on an overpriced package that will create more problems for you.

Okay, so 'SEO Hosting' is a marketing term for a hosting plan that allows you to utilize many "unique" IP addresses - typically giving you a handful of IPs from unique /24's.

What someone would use SEO Hosting for is when they have multiple sites they control being used to link back to another site they own. There's no inherent ranking benefit by throwing your sites on one of these hosts, the ranking benefit comes from being able to easily manage a bunch of sites you own and have it look like they're all controlled by different people on different IPs so the links back hold a bit more weight.

So that's a primer on 'SEO Hosting' - now here's why it's a complete load of ****: The point of this hosting is to avoid footprints. You don't want Google to know that you own X, Y and Z domains and are using their link equity to rank your Domain A.

The biggest footprint these types of hosts leave is actually IP related. Generally these guys will offer "unique" IPs - but what they fail to mention is that all of those diverse looking ranges are sitting on the same ASN. So it takes a Google search quality team member to look at the ASN for a 'SEO Host' and immediately devalue any of the links from sites hosted on those ranges, pointing to other sites on those ranges.

If you want to do this smart and safely the name of the game is to blend. Go to the offers section on this forum and pick up a handful of decently priced shared accounts/VPS's for true diversity - don't waste your money on an overpriced package that will create more problems for you.

Well said and explained :thumbup:

Just to chime in on this (since I work in SEO daily),

IPs mean very little any more - I'll even go so far as to say they mean nothing!

The location of a server also is minimal in terms of SEO, however speed of a website is important, so if your target audience is in California, get a server in that region with fast responses (or use a cloud service if you're national).

SEO used to be all about links - multiple links from multiple sites pushes you up the list on Google & Bing's results pages. This is not longer the case.

Today, it's about content (much like it was back in the 90's). Unique content gets a higher rating. Of course, people must know about your content and link to it, so links become a factor again. Links are only important from those sites that are in the same industry or niche. Getting a link from a pet toy shop linking to an auto mechanic is going to do nothing in terms of value. Now getting a link from a body shop to a mechanic - those are in a similar industry, and thus carry much more weight.

Unique IPs - forget about it. SEO Hosting is a gimmick. It's about as useful as getting a bunch of links from fivver, or building a link wheel. Actually, those will likely get you penalized!

Google doesn't care about IPs or hosting companies, they only care about unique and relevant content between sites. Everything else is just smoke & mirrors.

IPs mean very little any more - I'll even go so far as to say they mean nothing!

The location of a server also is minimal in terms of SEO, however speed of a website is important, so if your target audience is in California, get a server in that region with fast responses (or use a cloud service if you're national).

SEO used to be all about links - multiple links from multiple sites pushes you up the list on Google & Bing's results pages. This is not longer the case.

Today, it's about content (much like it was back in the 90's). Unique content gets a higher rating. Of course, people must know about your content and link to it, so links become a factor again. Links are only important from those sites that are in the same industry or niche. Getting a link from a pet toy shop linking to an auto mechanic is going to do nothing in terms of value. Now getting a link from a body shop to a mechanic - those are in a similar industry, and thus carry much more weight.

Unique IPs - forget about it. SEO Hosting is a gimmick. It's about as useful as getting a bunch of links from fivver, or building a link wheel. Actually, those will likely get you penalized!

Google doesn't care about IPs or hosting companies, they only care about unique and relevant content between sites. Everything else is just smoke & mirrors.

Thanks for your input bigredseo, this is exactly how I have interpreted it and getting the view of someone within the seo business confirming it is justification in my thoughts on the matter.

I wouldnt agree more. You nailed it right on. You want Google to smile at you, Get the content good enough for other websites that understand your content (Read from the same industry) quote you and you will climb the ranks.

Count me in as another person who completely agrees with Conor. If anyone knows SEO, it's him. :agree:

If your really looking high quality SEO on your website then Host your website on dedicated IP, always renew SSL certificate, Work on your website like link building, content marketing etc...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
netcrohosting