Server monitoring software & Remote desktop support software.

andy-247web

At the moment i am searching around for the the best but cheapest software for server monitorning and administration and desktop support software.

Basically the datacentre we are with will cover repairs etc but we want to be able to view data from the servers using an easier tool.
also we are currently aiming to provide Uk nationwide pc and server support and even on site repairs.
but we could do with a decent remote desktop support software.

so if you guys know of any i would be gratefull to know :D

Thanks in advance.
Andy.

We use OpenNMS here on our network to monitor servers and notify techs of issues. We also gather important information about the server and can do trending using the history function. There's also the ability to have it automatically execute commands if a scenario is detected.

We only monitor Linux machines, but I believe this will also monitor windows servers.

As for remote administration for windows desktops, the windows utility works farily well for normal tasks.

At the moment i am searching around for the the best but cheapest software for server monitorning and administration and desktop support software.

Basically the datacentre we are with will cover repairs etc but we want to be able to view data from the servers using an easier tool.
also we are currently aiming to provide Uk nationwide pc and server support and even on site repairs.
but we could do with a decent remote desktop support software.

so if you guys know of any i would be gratefull to know :D

Thanks in advance.
Andy.

How many servers you want to monitor ? Depending on this number the solution differs, also if you want to monitor just one server go for some scripts

Re: Monitoring and Asset Tracking

I use a little product from Alchemy-labs.com called Alchemy Eye it's real nice. I use to use OpenNMS but I couldn't figure out how to add machines was a little cumbersome.

Just my 2 Cents.