Server stuck inside network

hubiggo

Hi everyone, I believe this is the place to ask my question but if it isn't, please just direct me where it should be asked.

I have set up a server in my apartment that is hosting a web page.
I have assigned the server a static ip address within my network provided by my own router.
I have set up dyndns to take care of my dynamic dns issue on my router.
I have my router port forwarding to the server on port 61222 (I believe my ISP blocks port 80).
I understand that to access my webpage now that I have to visit it at
mywebpage.dyndns.org:61222

My problem is that the web page that I have the server hosting is not available outside the network that my router is on. I can access the web page within the network my router creates AND within the network that my router is a part of. Outside of that network the webpage always gives the error message of "server takes too long to respond/timed out".

I know that the ip of my router is 172.xxx.xxx.xxx but whenever I go to a page that tells me what my ip address is it shows me as something like 209.xxx.xxx.xxx
Is this because my network(made by my router) is nested inside another network?
If so, what is a possible workaround or way to resolve this problem?

Thanks to any serious replies to this message.
Just ask for any clarifications you might need.

Can you list all but the last octet of both ips? If so I can start troubleshooting this a little more. If you isp is doing some sort of NAT you might be out of luck but sometimes its just the modem itself doing it which you can work around.

No possible solution

Hi guys, thanks for looking at it, but I contacted one of my professors about this and the problem is that my router is inside the network of another router (which is not port forwarding to my router) that I do not have access to.

Thanks again for looking, but I'll have to wait until I'm in a different apartment to host a website from my home.