Should I be a reseller?

Reseller plan is recommended to you more than any other solution. So, what have you decided?

Have you selected a host or still looking over it?

If you are only a site designer do you really need a reseller account? If you need a reseller account, then you can search google for resellers. Make sure you check out there customer feedback.

The difference between a reseller account and an affiliate account is that you get paid per sale you make for the web hosting company with a reseller account. You don't get to set your own prices or anything like that. With a reseller you get to set your prices and you get to create your own packages. Good luck in your search.

hi

I think ********** and webhostmaker companies is provideing best reseller hosting packages and cheap prices.24/7 time services support.This companies gives WHM+ cPanel Control Panel,Instant setup,free site builder etc.

Godaddy are mainly a domain registrar. Hosting is not their specialty. Are you looking for a specific Location? What space requirements do you have? Anything else that you know you would need? SQL support etc?

A reseller owns an account and creates sub accounts for customers. A reseller has full access to those accounts and their files. If you get a new reseller account elsewhere then you simply move your accounts over.

An affiliate simply refers clients to a larger company. You have no control of the accounts and if you want to change Host you cannot do this for your customers as they will be directly hosted with the affiliated company.

Hope you understand :)

Quick tip keep domain registration and Hosting with 2 different companies unless it is a proper domain reseller account.

I also don't recommend godaddy for hosting, specially fhcor reseller hosting. reseller panel or reseller club etc are good.

If you are only a site designer do you really need a reseller account? If you need a reseller account, then you can search google for resellers. Make sure you check out there customer feedback.

The difference between a reseller account and an affiliate account is that you get paid per sale you make for the web hosting company with a reseller account. You don't get to set your own prices or anything like that. With a reseller you get to set your prices and you get to create your own packages. Good luck in your search.

Assuming that his clients don't have websites this could be a good way for him to 'keep them close' and work with them in the future.

I'm a web designer. I'm considering becoming a hosting reseller. But I have to act fact, which means I have to think fast.

Can anyone give me some suggestions on a hosting reseller service? I'm considering GoDaddy because they seem affordable. However, I read that they are more of an affiliate program rather than a reseller. I am not sure I understand what that means!

I've read some good things about HostGater. I don't think I can afford them right now.

I might be designing 3 websites for a client soon. I want to try to get them to agree to me hosting them. I don't have experience hosting websites so I will need technical support.

Any suggestions on how much I should charge for hosting websites?

Thanks

When brainstorming whether or not to be a web host, one of the biggest mistakes is acting fast. You need plans. Plans of how you are going to operate you company. This is not something you want to act fast on. This is something you want to take time with.

I would start with purchasing a reseller package with minimal amount possible. Such as 60 Gb of space or so. Offer each client that you design for a free 2 or 3 Gb package for hiring you to design there website. This i believe would be one of your best routes. You may want to also choose a reputable company and make sure they offer fast and quality support. With a reseller package you don't have full control, thus not allowing you to offer in-depth support to your clients promptly. So you want to make sure your upstream provider offers this to you quickly.

The problem is the level that you are at in the chain, some companies resell from other companys and so on and so on.

I would certainly try to get closest you can to the top level.

I believe the best Option is either a referral Partner Program or Affiliate Program for you.
Referral Partner Program= For the life of the customer, Referral Partners can earn commissions on leads provided that result in a sale.
Affiliate Program=You will receive comissions Only 1 time, for first months of customer services.

:) Hope you will find a good company for your needs.