Should I use Email Hosting?

VinaHost

I see some people often use Hosting and Email Hosting with the same Provider. Should I buy an email hosting package or I should use Email service of Google? Which one is better?

Well, it depends where you need for, if I just use email service for not real business like a company then I should use Google mail otherwise buy a domain name with a hosting company to set your email up there.

For business use you will want to use your business name email for example info@yourdomain.com , using gmail or hotmail for business will affect a lot because it doesn't look professional. having professional email is cheap. hope it helps

I see some people often use Hosting and Email Hosting with the same Provider. Should I buy an email hosting package or I should use Email service of Google? Which one is better?

Hosted email that is part of a web hosting account has two disadvantages. Their importance is related to the mission critical nature of your email

(1) Most web hosts have an unspoken limit to the amount of email you get. Its not uncommon for a host to offer say, a 3 GB web hosting plan with unlimited email. What is not mentioned (and is not part of a TOS) is that if your web site is 2 GB, for example, your email space is only 1 GB. This is called "disk aggregation."

Thus if you are planning on many mailboxes with heavy email usage a separate hosted email package with specific mailbox sizes is best.

(2) If email is critical it is best to get it hosted separate from the hosting account. Email is more reliable if it is hosted on a server dedicated to email instead of sharing the same server with web sites. Even more so if on a different network.

Keep in mind hosted email requires a skill set that is different from web hosting. Thus you may want to explore a 2nd provider that has the specific expertise to host email.

As iHostGo saying, if you running a company then should email hosting fine, for personal use you can do it as well but i recommed to use a other service instead of email hosting, because if a company closed then you lose all your emails too so thats the risk what you can get at email hosting. I'm not say to every company but it is possible.

I hate it when i see a tradesmans van and it gives website www .joeblogsplumbing .com and then the email as joeblogs @ gmail .com which looks unprofessional why cant they just set up email as joe @ joeblogsplumbing .com

Well what people can do is use a spcificate domain name, it might be look unprofessional but there are always ways to make it professional and most people are not using webmail for simple blog, only companies like as I have with support, job, sales, billing etc... So yeah as i mentioined before, there are always ways to make it professional. And people does not use much their webmail service for just a simple blog.

Well what people can do is use a spcificate domain name, it might be look unprofessional but there are always ways to make it professional and most people are not using webmail for simple blog, only companies like as I have with support, job, sales, billing etc... So yeah as i mentioined before, there are always ways to make it professional. And people does not use much their webmail service for just a simple blog.

still looks unprofessional if you have a website and advertise the website and then list a gmail/yahoo/hotmail free email address.
if you only check your gmail account then just redirect the business email to the gmail account so anyone emailing joe @ joeblogsplumbing .com you will get the email at joeblogs @ gmail .com

Well Yeah I would not blame you, but there are ways to make it professional, but as you pointed out, you can indeed gmail, hotmail, yahoo etc ... I think haste that would be better, but stand for a website you practical functions in a specific area will use example, a webemail not that big a deal being seems to me, or do you still here but differently. Correct me if I'm wrong. Would you still give the same in this topic to do indeed use a free e-mail system and the funny thing is that you can use Gmail for free and then it is still quite reliable.

Well Yeah I would not blame you, but there are ways to make it professional, but as you pointed out, you can indeed gmail, hotmail, yahoo etc ... I think haste that would be better, but stand for a website you practical functions in a specific area will use example, a webemail not that big a deal being seems to me, or do you still here but differently. Correct me if I'm wrong. Would you still give the same in this topic to do indeed use a free e-mail system and the funny thing is that you can use Gmail for free and then it is still quite reliable.

Maybe reliable but it does not look professional when you have a website and domain and don't use that domain for emails and use a free email.

I use the emails associated to my domains and i never use or access webmail. i set then up in windows live mail, you can do the same with many email clients.

Its plain and simple, if you have a business, then you need to have your email separate from your hosting. Here are a few options that you have.

1. Google Apps - google apps has an excellence service for email, and is very reliable. I mean if you have ever used gmail then you can use google apps.

2. Rackspace Email hosting - another great option that I have used my self in the past, and love them. They are reliable and their support is decent.

3. Separate hosting account just for email - This can be a little harder to setup, but can be cheaper if you have multiple email accounts. I currently use this method and had a few issues at first, but it's running great now.

Google Apps for Business Email or own email server that comes with web hosting will be a best option as separate email hosting is a headache for newbie

For business use you will want to use your business name email for example info@yourdomain.com , using gmail or hotmail for business will affect a lot because it doesn't look professional. having professional email is cheap. hope it helps

I think you did not get him right. He is not asking if he should swap gmail emails for info@yourdomain.com. Using Google apps google can host your info@yourdomain.com that way you will login to your info@yourdomain.com and send and receive mails from it but the mails will be hosted at google instead of your host. You will need to make MX adjustments at your host to point the mails to Google instead. Of course the advantage is if you have little space then you can tap into the 15GB that Google gives every account. And Google is definitely more reliable than many of the shared hosts. You will also be able to tap into all the functionality of Gmail ONLY this time you will be using info@yourdomain.com to do so.

Thank you for your advice. I think it really good to use an Email Hosting so that customers will consider us trustful, right?

Thank you for your advice. I think it really good to use an Email Hosting so that customers will consider us trustful, right?

Like I said prior you can have your own mail hosted by Gmail. Your clients will never see gmail anywhere. If you read my previous post up you will see what I mean. If you do not understand it I am available for further help. You can PM me.

don't forget that you may encounter also spam problems using free or not well known email hosters, i suggest you to use business mail services for professional purposes

Like I said prior you can have your own mail hosted by Gmail. Your clients will never see gmail anywhere. If you read my previous post up you will see what I mean. If you do not understand it I am available for further help. You can PM me.

:uhh: can this setup for domains ? Last time I used google apps ,before they stopped offering free service.

Email hosting offers the latest anti-spam, anti-virus and security technologies. Plus they have live support 24/7 , keep that in mind