slow ??

AsianGirl

the board was really active until ..........no rewards for posting in General Discussion :D :D
I have a suggestion ... since you don't offer rewards in General Discussion forum ...you should give extra points to those who achieve ...say ...500 posts or 1000 posts, etc.
what ya think??
:D

I don't think it would be a great idea.
The reason the points were lifted form the GD forum is because when there are rewards offered you tend to get a plethora of garbage posts just to boost the count and the points.

but that will boost the community up and make members more active ...once the forums reach where there are hundreds of users online then HD can take the rewards away from GD. Meanwhile I think it would motivate people to participate ....but again, moderators should watch for posts and if they think the post is just a junkie post, they can subtract points from that user ...

just my $0.02

Knowledge should motivate people to participate more than anything. And I think we have plenty of it here.

Reward system is meant to be an extra complimentary service for those members who share their professional experience or eager to learn more about the web hosting industry. Giving out points for people telling jokes will degrade forum's beauty and provoke people to talk more off-topic.

The major concern is to not have junk posts at all and I think we're doing pretty darn good in that regard. Members of this forum seem to go along with our plan, for which we really happy and proud. We'll continue broadcasting message that the forum not to be abused because of points and we'll continue a close watch and we hope to stop any attempt of spamming the forum with useless posts.

Best,

If someone's visiting the forum and posting simply to rackup points...that's probably not the kind of community member you want anyways...

EvilHaider said:
If someone's visiting the forum and posting simply to rackup points...that's probably not the kind of community member you want anyways...

You are not a prophet, are you? :agree: