softaculous or fantastico

Sounds easy as I can always check it daily.

It is easy, I was just pointing it out. Different software will have different methods of telling you that you're out of date. Softaculous can send notifications for example or you might find a little note in the admin area of the software and so on.

Bottom line for the best one is Softaculous, because it has more scripts and definitely more user friendly. But Fantastico has most of the same scripts, but its Softaculous lil sister.

If anyone has asked me in the past I would tell them sofaculous due to it uses more updated scripts and it also has a good UI and they are adding scripts all the time to the software

+1 for Softaclous, we have used both Installatron and Softaclous for years, and come to the decision to use Softaclous with all our new deployed servers.

Our customers seem to prefer Softaculous.

Back at HostingCon 2011, the owner of Softaculous passed me one of the prettiest business cards I've ever seen... It had their logo written in beautiful pink caligraphy... classy. lol

I'd like to weigh in, without having read the whole thread. We use and love Installatron. Slick UI, lot of apps available for a reasonable price.

With no doubt, Softaculous. More popular, more functional, more frequent updates. And as Alex said, nowadays rather Installation is more of competitor for Softaculous than Fantastico.

fantastico never heard if it .... i can imagine why everyone prefers softaculous it's actually known in this world

Well before softaculous their was 2 other main one click auto installers

Fantastico - This was the basic one used with cPanel

Installatron - this was the basic one that was used with DirectAdmin

now they can be used with most control panels.

read this http://www.softaculous.com/softaculous/compare which will show you the difference in the amount of scripts you get from each along with their prices

Obviously Softaculous with their more One-Click-Installer Scripts, WHMCS integration, Regular Updates...etc.
Nowadays "Fantastico Deluxe" are rarely used by few hosting providers only due to the lost of their market share.

This is instructive. I've been using Installatron for a while -- works well and I like the import and backup features. When I used Softactulous a while back it supported neither feature. Will have to take another look ...

Softactulous also have a Backup/restore feature and have for a while now

Softaculous is the best due to its Auto-Upate which updates scripts once new version is available. So new users have always access to latest versions of wide range of scripts.