Software to Process Credit Cards

Chris_13

I want to set up my site where it will process most major credit cards as well as PayPal. PayPal seems the easiest since I have an account there but what do I need to do in order to process credit card payments and hopefully something that will determine shipping as well?

Thanks
Chris

try 2checkout which also works with PayPal but gives a credit card processing option, or consult your local bank. Both options are more expensive than PayPal but are more professional.

Yup. 2CheckOut is a good merchant gateway. You might want to use Authorize.net for all major credit cards too.

2co & paypal do have relativity high merchant fees.

Why not take a look at google checkout (we use that along with a merchant account)

I would say WHMCS are becoming the industry leaders. We used to use ClientExec but were forced to switch because of several features not available at the time - I would still recommend it though.

Remember you need to have an SSL certificate and comply with PCIDSS

2CO and paypal. both can accept creditcards. So u dont have to alternatively go looking for third party processors. Well, merchant fees are a lil high but least of all you can gurantee that your credits are safe online. chill.

Paypal is expensive, but can be a great way to get started. Authorize.net is very good when it comes time to start taking cc info.

Like most have said here, Paypal is costly but it's a good start. It can also be the most economical, depending on how much business you do a month. If you only do a few hundred dollars' worth of online transactions a month, something like Paypal will cost you less. If you process over USD$1,000.00 each month, a merchant account may be a more economical solution. If you have a business account with Paypal (you can have two: one business account, one personal account), you will be able to accept credit cards without your customers having to sign up for Paypal.

Depending on where you do business, and how many customers you get from which regions, I would look into an alternative like 2checkout. I don't love them, and it's been years since I used them; but they are accepted in some places where Paypal is not.

For determining shipping...I have no idea. I've always ever sold virtual goods, so haven't had to fiddle with that functionality. That said, I'm sure Paypal has something to determine shipping - heck, they've been an Ebay preferred processor since before Ebay bought the company. Check their help documentation.