Solving Redirections?

Zagor

I have a client with Zen Cart software website and his link structure is generic and without any logic. He is now transferring to Magento cart and I need to 301 redirect all his previous pages (about a 1000) to new ones in Magento. Is there any other way to do it than by hand specifying directives in .htaccess?

C'mon I will accept any advice about this. Is there any other way to specify those redirects than putting directives in .htaccess file for every page I want to redirect.

Re:

HI

Well, you should do 301 redirection through website control panel. If suppose you are using cPanel, then you need to log in to website cPanel. In cPanel there is an option for 301 redirect. :)

I know where and how a redirect is specified and that was not my question. I asked is there a way (software or a script...) that I can use to pick up all the URLs from ZenCart site and designate redirect URLs in Magento?

there is no automated way - you need to do it by hand.

Unless you know of a script that will export the ZenCart products, keep the URL structure and then link directly to the product in Magento then you need to do this step by hand.

There isn't such a script and paying someone to create it for me would take more money than I would lose on defining redirections myself.