Some positive comments to Godaddy

Status
Not open for further replies.

ebayer

Hi everyone,

it's my first time to be here and I am so sorry to hear of a lot of bad stories. Maybe I am very lucky that I have never met any unpleased things like these before.

I don't want to advertise for godaddy. But I would like to say that :

@godaddy, Although the control panel is very plain(no thumb icon at all and no directory protection), their customer service are very good. last month I cancelled my hosting plan and asked them to refund me, they did very quickly without a question.

And another website--lunarpages--is also very good. They always reply in 2 hours even mid-night. And everytime they gave me very good answers to my questions.

So, here if you don't know which hosting web is good, you can try these two.

And I also hope you can share your good experience with me.

Now I am searching for a good dedicated server provider. could you recommend some good one?

Thanks

I am a Newbie

Hello ebayer, welcome.

I don't have personal experience with LunarPages, but GoDaddy is known for their customer service. Its nothing more than a pleasure to deal with them.

Best,

I don't want to advertise for godaddy.
That's a review, not advertising, and sincere customer feedback is very valuable. Thank you for the reviews!

Now I am searching for a good dedicated server provider. could you recommend some good one?
Do you know how to manage a server? If not, you probably need a fully managed solution, which will be, obviously, more expensive. Not all hosts understand or define "managed" the sames way, so you need to research and fully understand what it means for each host.

I don't have direct experience with dedicated server providers, but I'm sure some of our members here have, and can point to you good places.

Maybe you should think about starting a request thread in the MarketPlace forums as well. Could get some valuable feedback there!
~Equinox

It's always good to hear positive feedback about any company--in particular the larger ones. Large companies have a harder time providing the same kind of service that they did when they were small. As Equinox said, you may want to start a thread in the Web Hosting Requests forum (http://www.hostingdiscussion.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22). However, if someone has had good experience with a dedicated server provider, they are free to post it here as well.

GoDaddy surprised me - they made it easier for you to register domains. After logging in - you can opt to bypass all their "special offers" and just get your domain. Saves a lot of clicking! Makes me happy they finally did that.

Welcome ebayer!

i never use godaddy, and probably never will.

i am suing namecheap, and i more then satisfied with them. :)

yumoryuk, instead of simply saying that a particular web hosting company is not to your liking, could you explain why you have such an opinion of them?

I've always been an advocate of separating hosting service and domain registering service reviews. An excellent registrar doesn't necessarily make an excellent host. :)

Exon said:
...you can opt to bypass all their "special offers" and just get your domain. Saves a lot of clicking!...
Wow, that's great for the users. Makes me wonder why they did that. They must have received a lot of negative feedback to make them cut out such a revenue stream.

Xlusive said:
i am suing namecheap, and i more then satisfied with them. :)

Is it just me, or is anyone else confused by this statement? :confused:

Vito

godday looked fine also i have seens very good responce on many forumns on godday. So i wanted to try out godday from last 1 week i am contiuosly writting emails to them to theirs sales team ro their support team for their reseller plan. But dont get any positive responce after 12 hrs i got a responce from support team saying they cant help in sales related issues plz contact sales team i tried to contact sales team but no responce. today its almost 1 week that i was waiting for the reply.

Some say you need to call them up and they give good support, i am from INDIA i cant call them always its costly to call them. I persoally thing sales team should be always on toes for all new and current clients. I am really very upset with godday.

MOD NOTE: Post edited.

Last edited by a moderator:
Boricua, you have already started a new thread. There is no need to post in every GoDaddy thread.

Registered all three of my domains with godaddy.
cheap.
get a monthly web hosting with them.

I registered one domain
get the web hosting
was uploading files
created a database for my phpbb board in 2 hours.
no one else can do that.
fast and easy.
they are a big company now.
godaddy is the future.
but
they did call my phone number trying to sell me services a few days later.
I would get a dedicated server with them
but
the most bandwith they offer is 2,000 GB month.
I need 3,000 GB month

Status
Not open for further replies.